Sound system upgrade needed....

CCMyBennie

Reaction score
I currently have the factory model.....Sony radio....4 Kicker speakers. 2014 24SSRX.

Any suggestions to expand current system or go with new, maybe go with a Wet Sounds system.

Going to have marina install.

Welcome! There are quite a few threads describing Wet Sounds system upgrades. Just use the search button and you'll find a lot :)

Welcome aboard. Lots of posts on this topic. Derrick (BulldogsCadillac) will probably be able to throw some crazy stuff at you.

Got pics of your ride? It's MANDATORY to post pics .... :)

It all depends on a few key questions, what kind of music you like, what kind of money do you want to spend, do you have room for an extra battery?  There are more things to think about, but those will get the ball rolling.  I am a diehard Wet Sounds fan, I love the company, the people, and the product. Although, my eyes have been opened as of late that there are some other good choices out there. I will stick to my Wet Sounds as they stand behind their products and that means a lot to me. If you aren't wanting to go too over the top, some decent 6.5's with an amp will make a big difference, if you like a little low, that self powered AS-10 is a great powerful unit. I would look around in your area and see if there are any good stereo shops that you can do some comparisons for yourself. I would look at the layout and see where you could add a couple more 6.5's as 4 will leave some dead spots I would think.  Only other thing I can really say is try to find quality products, it may cost you a bit more, but then you don't end up with a 3000 watt amp for $100 that is more like a 300 watt amp, and a piece of crap at that.

It all depends on a few key questions, what kind of music you like, what kind of money do you want to spend, do you have room for an extra battery?  There are more things to think about, but those will get the ball rolling.  I am a diehard Wet Sounds fan, I love the company, the people, and the product. Although, my eyes have been opened as of late that there are some other good choices out there. I will stick to my Wet Sounds as they stand behind their products and that means a lot to me. If you aren't wanting to go too over the top, some decent 6.5's with an amp will make a big difference, if you like a little low, that self powered AS-10 is a great powerful unit. I would look around in your area and see if there are any good stereo shops that you can do some comparisons for yourself. I would look at the layout and see where you could add a couple more 6.5's as 4 will leave some dead spots I would think.  Only other thing I can really say is try to find quality products, it may cost you a bit more, but then you don't end up with a 3000 watt amp for $100 that is more like a 300 watt amp, and a piece of crap at that.
+1 ^

I'd also talk to the stereo shop you visit( to compare systems) about install as well. A reputable shop, selling top tier marine stereo equipment, typically know marine installs better than your dealer will.

Yup, and they'll know a lot more than me!! Heck, we only have one stereo shop in my small little town, and they have about 20 square feet dedicated to mobile audio!! No marine, but I think Alpine has a marine division they can get. Oh, and Walmart selling the 3000w Jensen junk or my Yamaha dealer and their Boss Audio, which I also would never buy.

After just making the comment that I've never been an audiophile in another thread, I find this one...and have a question.

Are the Bennington stereo upgrades any good for the price?  Or would the money be better spent building a system out side of the Bennington factory?

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on a few things; how handy are you? Will you have problems actually cutting a 10" hole in your brand new upholstery, hoping that you don't screw it up and it costs you $2000 to fix your mistake?  Do you have under skinning?  If any of those are a problem, then it can be money well spent having the factory do it for you.

Back