Source for replacement vinyl?

MrG

Reaction score
hey I’m looking to have some seats re done, where do you think the best place to get matching vinyl

I went through a long process (2 months) of sourcing oem material through my dealer using the vin to determine the exact colors. During that time I was given the following info from rpm. My dealer eventually came through but if I had to do it over again I would contact these guys as well at least to see if they can provide correct oem material.

call Jon @ http://veada.com Veada is who makes Bennington furniture, Jon has helped me with adding a few items to my boat and getting the color as close as possible and customer service is beyond awesome

Ron

Hey thank you for the link. Here is my Delma. The Dealer wants like $300 per cushion. I need to replace 3. The foam is completely broken down. So the skin and the foam need to be replaced. The link provided sells complete furniture for like $400. (That’s for the entire piece) in my opinion the Vinyl on our bennington is not the greatest.

My Air Nautique is 17 years old and the vinyl still looks like new. And to be honest the Air nautique has taken a lot more abuse then the Bennington ever has or would. So that brings me to my question? Would it be better for me to source my own Vinyl & High density foam that may or may not be a match for stock colors and have a local Upolstry guy Rebuild and Upgrade my current stuff or just template what’s damaged with factory stuff. My boat is a 2012 and my fear is I will be dealing with the exact same issues in another 5 years of use? If bennington has up graded the vinyl and foam then stock may be the answer but if everything is the same then I think aftermarket may be the ticket. Your thoughts

Below is a picture of one of the seat cushions that’s breaking down/falling apart

Attachments

• BCC7DF3F-2892-48FA-8BFD-BC6C1AC90D95.jpeg
    BCC7DF3F-2892-48FA-8BFD-BC6C1AC90D95.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 74
That looks horrible. I hope they have improved it since then since we have a 2017 with the Semtex. If mine is looking like that in six years, I will be most unimpressed. Too bad yours isn’t still under warranty.

I have a 2013 GCW and my vinyl still looks brand new. So much so that when we have friends on the boat they are amazed at how good it looks. My 2013 had a 7 year bow to stern warranty and I think that included the seats. Have you checked with your dealer to see if the warranty covers the damage?

hey I’m looking to have some seats re done, where do you think the best place to get matching vinyl
I have done a lot of pontoon upholstery jobs and have had good luck with Sailrite when I need something specific and they carry premium foam rubber as well. They carry most of the lines of vinyl and have good pictures on their website. They will send you a sample if you are not sure. You pay retail prices but they take care of you. I've also purchased many times from trimjobber on eBay and they have line-cards and samples they will send you for a small fee. I see so often where shops will go cheap and use nylon thread which will not hold up in the sun. Suggest Bonded Polyester which will last as long as the fabric.

Thanks for the recommendation of the Bonded Thread. I’ll be sure to ask the guy I’m gonna use if he is planning on using that type of Material.

2A969648-9AA7-48CD-AFEE-49B6F569304B.jpeg
That looks horrible. I hope they have improved it since then since we have a 2017 with the Semtex. If mine is looking like that in six years, I will be most unimpressed. Too bad yours isn’t still under warranty.

The pic above is from 2016 and I purchased this Bennington in 2006. The vinyl was in mint condition. The boat was always covered.

I got samples from the Website listed above unfortunately the colors don’t match my Q’s interior I believe Bennington called the Tan I have is called “Fawn”

Do you think the furniture they make for Bennington could be using colors ONLY bennington has access to?

I got samples from the Website listed above unfortunately the colors don’t match my Q’s interior I believe Bennington called the Tan I have is called “Fawn” Do you think the furniture they make for Bennington could be using colors ONLY bennington has access to?

I don't think Bennington has exclusive use of any one particular material but there is a limited supply available. I was concerned about my repairs matching the existing furniture on my '06 and that's why I took the long road through my dealer. During the process Team Bennington let me know there's no guarantee they can provide oem material if the hull is too old.

As a Bennington old-timer, this TB member notes the "pearl" fabric on your skins, which we have not used for several years. Fabrics run in cycles and are discontinued by suppliers eventually. We try to buy all remaining rolls of fabric for warranty purposes, but eventually that will run out too.

I wonder how many yards in Vinyl a typical boat uses. It might be a interesting option for a person to be able to buy replacment Vinyl as a factory option. I was quoted $14 a yard for the SimTex and traditional Vinyl. I need 7 yards to do the drivers seat and 3 seats

I have a 2008 2375Rl and the upholstery is starting to show it age. Doesn't Bennington offer replacement skins? I also have a Air Nautique and they have skins for my 1999 Boat.

Bennington has very few items available for a 2008 model boat. The list is long of items I have tried, unsuccessfully, to order through the dealer.
We had a slot with a local shop last winter to reupholster the big boat (Stitching is bad and vinyl wore out). Due to supply chain issues on replacement vinyl material, he never finished the boats in front of our slot. We are waiting to next winter to try again.

Back