Spare Prop from 15 pitch to 21 pitch?

tyjy

Reaction score
We currently have a 2014 Yamaha F150 motor with a Yamaha Reliance SDS 14 1/2 x 15-M stainless steel prop. The performance is excellent for us (40 mph at 5900 RPM wot).

Want to obtain a spare prop and ran across an ad on Craigslist that reads: " Yamaha stainless prop of my Yamaha 150 four stroke 14/12 x 21 sells from Yamaha for over $700--sell for $150". Waiting on a reply from him what Series it is or if it's imprinted with anything or if he knows if it'll fit an F150 but wanted to ask those in the know on this forum if a "21" pitch is anything we should even consider since we like the 15 so much now? What other questions should we ask?

Like I said, we're just looking for a spare to keep on board in case of an emergency situation but obviously it'd be nice to have one that'd be of good use in case it's needed long term.  

Thanks for any advice!

We currently have a 2014 Yamaha F150 motor with a Yamaha Reliance SDS 14 1/2 x 15-M stainless steel prop. The performance is excellent for us (40 mph at 5900 RPM wot).

Want to obtain a spare prop and ran across an ad on Craigslist that reads: " Yamaha stainless prop of my Yamaha 150 four stroke 14/12 x 21 sells from Yamaha for over $700--sell for $150". Waiting on a reply from him what Series it is or if it's imprinted with anything or if he knows if it'll fit an F150 but wanted to ask those in the know on this forum if a "21" pitch is anything we should even consider since we like the 15 so much now? What other questions should we ask?

Like I said, we're just looking for a spare to keep on board in case of an emergency situation but obviously it'd be nice to have one that'd be of good use in case it's needed long term.  

Thanks for any advice!
No absolutely not as it will lug your motor. I'd suggest a reasonable cost aluminum as a spare, approximately the same size/pitch.

Thank you for the quick reply Tom, I needed that straight forward assistance AND recommendation!

I agree with Tom, don't do it, you will be wasting your money.

He may have gotten the pitch messed up. Usually guys don't get the motor size wrong. Could be a small bass boat it was on though, which would explain the high pitch working on a 150.

Back