Speaker Advice

Rock n' Reel

Reaction score
Hello Forum!

I've had my Bennington 1 year [2003, 207FS] and need to replace the speakers. I'm researching Marine Speakers and want to make sure it's a true Marine Speaker [if that exists] and not a Car speaker just sold to boat owners. Is there a certain brand that focuses on the marine market? Can anyone recommend decent speakers that hold up to the elements?

Thanks for any & all advice!

Bennington installs a Kicker speaker, also I believe Polk MOMO are considered marine speakers.

Steve

Hi Sara, you might want to check out Crutchfield, they have a large selection of marine grade audio equipment on their website, along with specs and installation tips. And, welcome to the club!

I have Kicker marine component speakers from crutchfield and I love them. There is a difference in speakers for boats, they are made to take sunlight and water abuse better than car speakers.

Thanks everyone! I ordered Kicker speakers and they just arrived. They look great -- definitely several steps up from what came with the boat. Might even be too cool for me . . . can't wait to install them and hear how they sound. :)

We upgraded the ones that came with our new 2275 FSI to the Kicker brand and love it. We haven't installed the amp yet but the sound quality was better already.

We upgraded the ones that came with our new 2275 FSI to the Kicker brand and love it. We haven't installed the amp yet but the sound quality was better already.
Hey pcvaugn, that's great to hear! I haven't installed my speakers yet but I'm really looking forward to see how they sound. Do the speakers need an amp or is that something you're installing to improve performance?

No the speakers don't need an amp. The Sony stereo is perfectly adequate I just like to push the limit now and again.

Back