Speakers added to rear platform?

LS14EVR

Reaction score
20200512_103236.jpg

Looking to install a couple 6.5in JL audio speakers in the aft facing area and have them on separate switch. Anyone do this? I've replaced my Wetsounds speakers inside the boat. Planning on keeping the kicker amp. Think I just need to tune it in. I am not afraid to add another small amp for these two additional speakers but was hoping to keep as stock as possible. Any ideas? Also any good ways to run the speaker wires back there? Any input is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I can't believe I'm the only one looking into this. Nothing? Well, I'll keep you all posted cause I'm getting close to pulling the trigger.

I’ve never done any wiring on my boat. There are a lot of past posts on different speaker and sub upgrades that people have done. I would think that a lot of the advice, pictures, etc would translate to what you are doing. For sure there are past posts on fishing wiring around in the boats, through under skinning, etc... Maybe do a search for related speaker work/upgrades and see what you find.

Also, looking forward to seeing or hearing about how it goes for you. Good luck!

Yeah I did some searching around on here and other forums to see if anyone has done this yet. So far I've come up empty. I've got a plan on how I'm going to wire, just need to courage to cut into that back area and hope it's flat enough for the speakers. Thank you for the intrests.

Back