Speedo Antenna

hikerocky

Reaction score
Has anyone added a Speedo Antenna? I have a 2009 2275 RLI and would love to have a speedometer. How expensive is it to buy the Speedo Antenna and how difficult is it to install?

Well nobody else has responded so I will. I have no idea what you are talking about :) Do you have an currently have a speedo in your boat? Most marine speedos moperate off a tube that is ran from a pick up on the outdrive to the speedo. On the newer GPS driven antennas I would guess they have some kind of internal reciever / antenna. It would probably be easier and cheaper to just carry a GPS with you. :D

No, I don't have a Speedometer ... I was told when I purchased the boat that the mult-function digital gauge (displays RPM, Hours, etc.) would display MPH with the Speedo Antenna.

I must say that i have never heard of that either, if this display is an original equipment item, give your Bennington dealer a call. If it is an added on aftermarket display, you'll need to get the brand and model number and do an internet search for the antenna. That's the best i can do to help, let us know what you find out :)

I must say that i have never heard of that either, if this display is an original equipment item, give your Bennington dealer a call. If it is an added on aftermarket display, you'll need to get the brand and model number and do an internet search for the antenna. That's the best i can do to help, let us know what you find out :)
Before I purchased my 2012 SF I was told by the dealer that the speed would run off of GPS, all i have on the dash is an RPM guage I have not tried to switch anything or even see if I could, might check this out next time.

I just dont see in my mind how this is possible without a speedo, but I'm old, I will look into it and see if this is possible?

Before I purchased my 2012 SF I was told by the dealer that the speed would run off of GPS, all i have on the dash is an RPM guage I have not tried to switch anything or even see if I could, might check this out next time.

I just dont see in my mind how this is possible without a speedo, but I'm old, I will look into it and see if this is possible?
Oh, TB is interpreting lots of confusion here. For the 2011 model year, Bennington introduced "GPS-driven" speedometers. This means the speed is read via GPS satelite rather than a tube or paddle. 2011 MY, Speedometers were standard equipment on the R series, optional equipment on the G series, not available on the S series. Toona is right, you cannot read speed with a tachometer. Beginning in August, 2011, for the 2012 MY, speedometers are also optional equipment on the S series.

Retro-fitting a speedometer can be tricky if the unit was not ordered with the boat, since dash panels vary. You may enjoy a hand-held GPS unit in its place. Effective and versatile! TB

Oh, TB is interpreting lots of confusion here. For the 2011 model year, Bennington introduced "GPS-driven" speedometers. This means the speed is read via GPS satelite rather than a tube or paddle. 2011 MY, Speedometers were standard equipment on the R series, optional equipment on the G series, not available on the S series. Toona is right, you cannot read speed with a tachometer. Beginning in August, 2011, for the 2012 MY, speedometers are also optional equipment on the S series.

Retro-fitting a speedometer can be tricky if the unit was not ordered with the boat, since dash panels vary. You may enjoy a hand-held GPS unit in its place. Effective and versatile! TB

Back