Sps package vs ESP package

Nap22

Reaction score
Looking at becoming a first time pontoon owner and love the benningtons. Talking to my dealer today and coming up with the options I want in my new toon, he suggested going with the sps package instead of the ESP. I am looking at the 2013 2275 GCW with a 150 hp motor. Any opinions out there about saving money getting the sps? I just heard about it today and from what I understand it is made for the 150 hp setup and is a 25" center toon instead of the 32" elliptical. I am not sure about the straking on this vs. the ESP.

I would appreciate any knowledge or opinions on this new option. I plan on doing some tubing with my young kids but we don't get crazy with needing real sharp turning or anything. How different will the performance be between these two options?

Thanks again for any feedback

We have the Express Performance Package on a 2012 2274 GL (2 full outer 25 one inner 2/3 25) with Strakes on the center tubes which provides lift. 150 Yamaha with power steering. Under lining with wave shield. Dual battery and larger fuel tank.

15.25 x 15 prop. Does about 34 WOT. Carves plenty good turns for a tube. For a little more lift you could add Strakes on the inner side of the outer pontoons.

This rig runs dry and planes out well. I think I could get a couple more mph out of it with some prop experimentation.

Seems if you want the speed demon get the elliptical configuration.

Our first pontoon after years of monohulls. Pretty darn good performance for a pontoon boat.

What are the specifics on a SPS versus ESP Package and even more so the Strakes on the tubes?

P1010002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For the price difference I would add the ESP package. By the time you add hydraulic steering, strakes and wave shield to the standard package, the overall price difference is pretty small in relative terms.

Agreed

Give me a couple of weeks and I'll put a nice description of each package on the Club site for you. Buried with model year change right now...TB

Back