SPS with 150 HP performance

ttbowhunter

Reaction score
I'm looking for anyone that has a 22'-24' package set up with SPS & a 150 HP motor. I'm curious what type of performance & top end speed you're seeing with this set up. Anything you would change about your set up?

I'm looking for anyone that has a 22'-24' package set up with SPS & a 150 HP motor. I'm curious what type of performance & top end speed you're seeing with this set up. Anything you would change about your set up?

Read your other post. :)

We have 2017 24SSRX SPS Yamaha 150 h.p. Right around 40 m.p.h. depends on the condition of the lake, SPS much better ride than 2 toons that we had. We are very happy with our set up on our Lake ,but all bodies of water are different.

We have 2017 24SSRX SPS Yamaha 150 h.p. Right around 40 m.p.h. depends on the condition of the lake, SPS much better ride than 2 toons that we had. We are very happy with our set up on our Lake ,but all bodies of water are different.

Super, Thanks!

I have a 2017 24sfx with a Mercury 150 and SPS, on a windy lake I do about 35mph. Love it

We have a 22’ SCWX with a Yamaha 150. 36 mph to 38 mph with three to four adults and two to three kids with the Bimini up is fairly normal with some chop and light wind. I only do this on occasion to blow the cobwebs out (this is what I tell the Boss anyway). I have never been solo with the Bimini down to see what the top speed would be. We normally cruise at about 24 mph to 26 mph. Much faster than that is just not comfortable unless you are on the rear facing seats or laying down. We normally ski between 26 mph and 29 mph depending on how smooth the lake is.

We have a 22SSX with SPS a Yamaha 150 with SS and can just break over 40MPH ... ditto on the love it!

We have a 2018 23 SSRX SPS with a 200 Yamaha. With a 15x15 prop, full fuel and 3 large adults it does just shy of 41MPH at 6,000 RPM. With the bimini tops up it knocks off 2-3 MPH. 4 months of marine growth on the toons has probably knocked off another 1 or 2 MPH. The 150 will be fine if your number of passengers is limited. Last weekend we had 6 good sized adults and 3 kids. Pulling a tube or skier it does fine, but won't turn up the full RPMs and runs just shy of 30 MPH. Since the majority of the time it's just 2 or 4 adults just cruising I think I would have been satisfied with a 150. Now that I have loaded the boat up and did water sports I'm glad I upgraded to the 200. If I had that number of people more often I would probably have wanted to go up to a G or R with 300 HP and ESP.

Kinda changing the Subject here . But do you guys go 40 M.P.H. with your Bimini's up ?

No, not me but some do.

I try to keep it at 35mph or below with the Bimini up, not saying it hasn’t seen 40mph but I’ve seen the flex in the frame in heavy wind so I try to be mindful of it!

I have the power bimini. It really rattles and stresses in high wind or under speed. I honestly don’t trust it much these days, so we keep it down unless just cruising around somewhat slowly.

I will only do 40mph+ with the wind. Into the wind 30-35mph.

I've done 84mph with mine up. Of course it was the Sport Tower so the bimini never came down even while towing!

Yes! It's nice and tight and doesn't flap at all....

Sometimes, it all depends if I'm going downhill or uphill :):);););):):)o_Oo_Oo_O

Back