Stained vinyl

Debra

Reaction score
We purchased a Bennington fishing style pontoon. My husband was fishing with artificial power bait worm. He accidentally laid the pink colored worm on top of the vinyl seat and not for very long. He noticed the color stayed on the vinyl seat. He is sickened over this. What would anyone suggest to try and remove it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Numerous posts about the sun actually taking care of some lighter stains. Also Awesome Cleaner from Dollar stores. 

+1 for the Awesome cleaner

Lots of good options to try.  While the Magic Erasure is good, be careful about overdoing it since it is an abrasive.  The sun will definitely help.

I finally went and bought some of that Awesome Cleaner from the dollar store about 1/2 mile from my house....wow....just wow is all I can say.  It's pretty rare when something that costs so little works so well.  I used it on actual spots on the seating of my Bennington and my ski boat....used a really small fairly soft brush.  Then I went over all of the seating with warm water and 303 cleaner using an old hand towel.  Dang seats look brand new.

Thank you so much. Yes that awesome cleaner is great. We love this cleaner especially for dried bugs on the bumper of your vehicles. My husband went back today to try to get it out, He said today you could barely see it. He thinks the heat must of faded it. We keep it covered. What a relieve that was. Thanks for helping us.

The heat must of made the stain dissipate. We keep it at a covered dock and also cover it. My husband went there this morning to try to remove it and he said you could barely see it. I want to thank everyone here that tried to help remove the stain. This is a terrific forum

Back