Starbright waterproofer vs. 303 Fabric Guard

BigKahuna

Reaction score
I know you guys swear by the 303 products. I do too but I'm wiling to try different products to achieve the same results. 

My neighbor has about a half gallon of the Starbright waterproofer w/PTFE and he no longer has a use for it so he's giving it to me. He treats his tents and other canvas products and loves it.  I was about to order a gallon of the 303 Fabric Guard to treat my Sunbrella mooring playpen cover. But since I'm already going to have a half gallon of the Starbright I was thinking about ordering more  Starbright to keep it uniform. (The Starbright is about $17 cheaper a gallon than the 303.)

Has anybody used this product and noticed any significant difference from the 303 Fabric Guard?!?

I've never water proofed mine since it sleeps under cover at all times. Above the toons never sees water.

I used Starbright products on all the interior of my old runabout and 14 years later it looked fantastic. Never ran into any issues using their products.

Found this link but not sure it does much for you.  To me, it basically says all of these products are decent.  

http://www.boatingmag.com/boatinglab-test-fabric-waterproofing-spray#page-4

Last year, when I was putting 303 on my boat cover my neighbor was using Starbrite on his patio furniture and umbrella.  I actually felt that the starbrite beaded up and ran off his items a little faster than the 303 on my cover but I'd use either product.  

What the heck,try it and let everyone know what you think of Starbrite. I also used other products from Starbrite and had good results.

I've never seen a product work as well as Starbright Mildew remover.

+1 on the starbrite mildew remover. When we bought our boat last year the seats were horrible. I have some before and after pics but cant get them to post. Unreal results

Back