Steering wheel mods for new 2275 GCW

Chris Z

Reaction score
Coming from a center console one of the things that I'm going to miss is the knob on my big stainless steering wheel. Is a wheel swap a possible thing with the G helm and SeaStar steering?

Or perhaps there are after market knobs that are available to add?

I have the BayStar hydraulic steering on my Sea Hunt and the addition of the knob allows for maneuvering control that I have grown very fond of.

Any thoughts?

CZ

Had a similar issue maneuvering my F450 with 5th wheel in tow, especially backing up. In the mowing season, Lowes sells a nice knob for mowers that I had in that truck. Have one now also. Red, black, grey and John Deere green available. $15 if I recall. No risque picture in top.

I didn't see a teak one..... Maybe Dan could make one!

Aren't those actually illegal on normal passenger cars and trucks? I know boats don't matter, and lots big rigs have them.

No state outlaws them for passenger vehicles, though some cities may. This question came up periodically in the Army, and I remember researching this as a MP supervisor. We used local law for equipment violations for the most part, and supplemented that with post regulations. OSHA says no for dump trucks, forklifts, etc., anything moving or hauling materials. Lots of 18 wheelers have them. I doubt that any state bans them on boats, very little legislation on boats as compared to vehicles.

Back