Stereo plate cover

Wish2fish

Reaction score
Looking at getting away from the standard single DIN radio that came with my 2011 20 SLi. Does anyone make a plate that covers that area where the flip up radio cover was located?

see picture for what I'm talking aboutbenny dash.jpg

You might look at a custom audio shop that could possibly make one.

Hmm, any way to make it into a storage area??

Or a glove compartment? I've seen add ons.

Shop online, my cousins bayliner had storage pocket that fit right in the radio opening, it was white but you could only see the color when you flipped up the tinted cover. I’ll see if I can find a pic somewhere

Thanks for the tips so far. Not sure I want to add a glove box or cut the fiberglass any more. Based on your comments I started brainstorming names. I searched "DIN pocket". I came up with things like this. Might be able to turn it into a little storage spot for phone.

s-l500.jpg

Also can get a flat black sheet that I could get inside there and mount the USB and stereo plug connections there.

Why not remove radio from existing box and let it?

Thanks for the tips so far. Not sure I want to add a glove box or cut the fiberglass any more. Based on your comments I started brainstorming names. I searched "DIN pocket". I came up with things like this. Might be able to turn it into a little storage spot for phone.

s-l500.jpg

Also can get a flat black sheet that I could get inside there and mount the USB and stereo plug connections there.
I'm with you on not wanting to do any cutting but what you posted above seems like it will work just fine.

Back when I worked for Porsche, Audi and some VW, we would install the radios at the dealership. The Blaupunkt radios were single DIN and the spot for them had a compartment stuck in the hole from the factory. I had dozens of them in my toolbox for small parts.

View attachment 22800
Wanted to update everyone on the finished product. Made mount out of acrylic plastic that we painted to match. Bought a reasonably price Planet Audio gauge mount stereo w/blue tooth. Also added at usb and aux ports if needed. Put pocket in the mount to hold phone. The mount uses the same 4 screw holes from the original radio mount. Everything for under $100.

Stereo sounds pretty good. Much improved over the stereo that was in there. I really like the Bluetooth connection.

Stereo link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VV6YCLA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

USB/AUX connector link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IBDSFAU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Theese are NOT affiliate links. Just trying to help another boater out.

IMG_5461.jpg

Back