Sticker Shock!

Stevez

Reaction score
Hello all. I've enjoyed reading thread in this forum very much. I don't have a Bennington pontoon, nor any boat for that matter now. I've been boating for many years and have owned a Cobalt runabout and a Sweetwater pontoon. Sold our place at the lake 3 years ago and we are missing it greatly now. We rented a pontoon at a lake in Kentucky a few weeks ago and really got the bug back. I've always wanted a Bennington as I like quality and believe them to be great, well made, top quality boats. That's been reinforced here. I'm in the studying/learning phase but when I've priced new boats on Bennington's website I must say I've been shocked and surprised at how much they are. I simply didn't think pontoons could be that much! But these are absolutely gorgeous boats and I will have one shortly. I bought my Cobalt brand new in 1997 and they were very expensive then. I'm like the old guy that still thinks gas should be .25/.50 cents per gallon. Anyway, great stuff here.

By the way, any general thoughts on how much dealers discount off the MSRP that is calculated on the Bennington website? Do they tend to sell at dealers for that or some discount off? Even a range would be helpful. Thanks all. Steve

20% seems like a good average. Sometimes more if the dealer is desperate to sell a boat. Less if it's a seller's market. If you get less, don't worry about it. It's driven by the market (location, time of year, demand, etc). Playing a couple dealers off each other worked for me, but I ended up buying a boat 100 miles away. Course the alternative was 70 miles away! Good luck!

Last edited:
My experience and what I have seen quoted on this site is between 20 - 30%

I saw a 2019 sx22 Radius at the local dealer for around 45k I think the stern lounge model was 47k. They are advertising these as 2018 prices, they said they anticipate a 3% increase. I don’t know the list price, but that should give you some idea. That price included a 150 Yamaha but no trailer.

I have purchased 3 Bennington’s and have received 25-30 percent off MSRP. Depends a lot on the dealer overhead. There is another Bennington dealer near me and it a huge place and you can’t get any more than 20 percent off and they have a huge overhead expense.

I usually do well with leftover models. It's actually easier to find higher end leftovers than the more popular and cheaper ones.

Oh and if you want to feel better about the crazy prices (and I agree with you they're absolutely nuts across the board) then go look at the prices on the new Cobalts! They'll make you come RUNNING back!!

I bought mine at a boat show, got it at 23% off msrp.

I usually do well with leftover models. It's actually easier to find higher end leftovers than the more popular and cheaper ones.

Oh and if you want to feel better about the crazy prices (and I agree with you they're absolutely nuts across the board) then go look at the prices on the new Cobalts! They'll make you come RUNNING back!!

Ha! I know. I've looked at them too for "fun". I loved my Cobalt and don't regret it, but ready for a nice pontoon. Thanks.

I saw a 2019 sx22 Radius at the local dealer for around 45k I think the stern lounge model was 47k. They are advertising these as 2018 prices, they said they anticipate a 3% increase. I don’t know the list price, but that should give you some idea. That price included a 150 Yamaha but no trailer.

My 2018 SSRXP was 35k at a boat show, no trailer.

You can save a lot of money buying used. Bennington has a great transferable warranty! I believe it's 7 years and no cost for the transfer.

Warranty depends on the date it was built. Currently it is a 10 year warranty

You know when you look at your spouse and ask permission and get the "look"? We were purchasing our G23 Swingback when I asked how much the boat 'over there cost'. The salesman's eyes lit up and proudly said, "$114,995". I looked at my wife and and she gave me the look. "I hope you're not serious!" "ha ha ha... I'm just kidding"
Well, my response was dictated by her response ;) ..... But, that other Benny was realllly nice. We fell into the 25-30% category and are completely happy with our purchase.

Warranty depends on the date it was built. Currently it is a 10 year warranty

You can save a lot of money buying used. Bennington has a great transferable warranty! I believe it's 7 years and no cost for the transfer.

I believe when you transfer it drops to 5 years (from the date of original purchase) for the full warranty and the lifetime structural changes to 10 (also from date of original purchase). I could be wrong but I remember that somewhere when I was selling mine.

You know when you look at your spouse and ask permission and get the "look"? We were purchasing our G23 Swingback when I asked how much the boat 'over there cost'. The salesman's eyes lit up and proudly said, "$114,995". I looked at my wife and and she gave me the look. "I hope you're not serious!" "ha ha ha... I'm just kidding"
Well, my response was dictated by her response ;) ..... But, that other Benny was realllly nice. We fell into the 25-30% category and are completely happy with our purchase.

Too funny. That's the shock I experienced. I didn't think a person could spend over a $100,000 for a pontoon. Now a part of me wants to! That Build a Boat function on their website is dangerous!

Yeah, but lifetime goes to 10 year upon transfer. The lifetime warranty on a new one would give me better peace of mind.

Back