Stock speakers

...my wife had brain surgery a month and a half ago and hasn't felt like going out on it. I installed the system and cover the boat, and haven't messed with it since. She did say today that she might be up for it this weekend, so hopefully.

Prayers for her recovery.  Sounds like she is recovering well, so I hope the two of you can get some peaceful boat time in this upcoming summer.

Thanks for the thoughts. She is doing good for what she had done. Last weekend she wanted to try and go out, she knew I wanted too also.  She lasted about an hour and a half so that was good. I told her just baby steps it will get easier each time. 

Although I can't say much about all the "new" radio gear as we have the old school din style sony radio in our boat.  But with that being said even with the stock 4 kickers and the so-so sony head unit (not top of the line by any means) you can achieve decent sound (and bass) out of the stock 6.5" speakers.  You just need to go through all the levels (high - mid - low & subwoofer if installed) and enable the loudness feature which makes the biggest difference in the stock unit.

If we get to the lake this coming weekend (2 grad parties on sat limits lake time) I'll try to shoot some video of our system setup.

Video would be great Indian_Lake_Bum. Thanks

we just have the Sony head unit and the 4 kicker speakers (upgrade on the S series/ Sony head was upgrade also) sounds fine sitting still. you can still hear them decent at speed but you won't blast anybody out above 30mph

Back