Stored for winter

Butchkid

Reaction score
gallery_82_72_12556.jpg

So sad. Stored for the winter. I couldn't find an indoor spot big enough so I had to settle for the covered spot. I wish I had a trailer that had a folding tongue because then I would have fit in the indoor spot. It's clean, covered in 303, winterized, and plugged in. Someone told me to unplug it periodically though because the it might overcharge. I'm not sure what charger comes with the boat, but I hope that's not true.

I got ours ready for winter a few weeks ago, a good cleaning, vacuum, and 303 on everything as well. I store it under a canopy at our shop, i get a little depressed everytime i have to walk by it :(

Hey Butchkid - I'm hoping we have a couple more weeks of warm weather left in DFW so I can out again - probably to Joe Pool. See from your pictures you go out on Lake Grapevine - I go there most frequently but this year not since the middle of August because of low lake levels (and the level just keeps getting lower!) Even then I tore the carpet off of part of my port side trailer bunks - did not realize the ramp was actually angled left to right, the starboard pontoon was in water but the port side was not. Since then I have waded out to the ends of two ramps on the Grapevine side of the lake and I just cannot get the trailer/boat in deep enough to launch without going off the end of the ramp. Anyway, if it doesn't stay warm for awhile, let's up it starts raining alot - we need water.

This weekend is supposed to warm up but there is a threat of weather.

I was keeping the boat in the slip at Silver Lake but literally after 48 hours there would be a fur coat on the entire bottom. It would knock 15 mph off the speed of the boat and take an entire day under it with a power washer to get it all off. My allergies didn't like the algae either. I've decided not to get the slip again next year. I'm just going to trailer it back and forth. The boat will stay a lot cleaner. It was nice at the end of the night to simply pull in to the parking spot but I didn't have a lift in the slip so keeping the boat clean was a huge pain. That lake had quite a fish kill mid summer due to the algae. At least it wasn't that toxic blue-green algae that hit Texoma, but it was still bad.

After I downloaded all of those pictures it reminded me of how awesome the first summer with the boat really was. The fireworks, the rafting up, the night cruises, the kids having a blast, floating in the water behind the boat for hours at a time... I can't wait to pull it out in the spring. Thank you Bennington for making the most awesome boat I've ever seen. We made a lot of memories this summer.

It's gonna be a long winter fellow tooners. Looking through the photo gallery reminds me of some great times we had this past summer. Can't wait for spring to make more family memories on our Bennington.

Here here Butch!

I am picking my Bennie up from Whittle Boats after a $130 winterization. There is an RV dealer west of Denton on 380 that has indoor storage. I was able to secure their last enclosed bay for $220 a month on a 3 month lease. I figure by spring break, the nasty weather be gone for good. 2011 was a good boating year, and I too get a little depressed thinking about my boat not getting any use.

Will

Back