Straight as an arrow

Michiman

Reaction score
Okay, this one seems pretty obvious but I frankly never really gave it much thought. One of the things I really like about a pontoon is that you can set a course and let it go, with little correction needed. At seven miles long, I can point this thing in the direction and speed I want to go and I can cross our lake with little effort. It's almost like a self driving car might be. Wind, no wind, waves, no waves, this thing just goes straight as an arrow and keeps the MPH like cruise control.

Coming from a bowrider, where there was constant steering and throttle corrections necessary, this thing will drive itself for miles. No more driver fatigue for me. Heck, I probably don't even need the captains chair! Again, never gave it much thought but in my opinion it is a hidden benefit of owning a toon.

Gives the captain plenty of beer drinking time! 

Wow, never heard it described that way, I sit in The Captains Chair with the wheel in my hand... enjoying every bit of the experience

Wouldn't trade it for the world

110715971.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed that, lots of back and forth on the ole mercruiser, my benny holds a nice line too. 

Wow, never heard it desribed that way, I sit in The Captains Chair with the wheel in my hand... enjoying every bit of the experience

Wouldn't trade it for the world

Yes, I think most of the folks on this site are much the same when it comes to the enjoyment derived from playing captain of our ship. In practice, even though it goes straight as an arrow, the real fun is usually not the most direct route from A to B.

Self driving cars; not so much for me. Like piloting a boat, I take my driving seriously. :)

Can you tell I'm missing my Benny...

Back