Sub-woofer Turned Off??

CAVU

Reaction score
We picked up a new 2018 22 SSRFBXP this year and love the boat. We have the KMC10 with Kicker sub and amp upgrade. The last time we went out the sub-woofer was not working from the get go, rest of stereo working fine. No wiring seems to have disconnected and never had this issue before. Any recommendations out there where to start the troubleshooting without pulling it all out? It is securely mounted in the far corner under the helm. Thank you.

Well, do you by chance have a sub adjustment knob connected to your amp? If so, check to see it's not turned all the way down. If not, I'd check the wiring at the amp to see if one of the wires might have come loose or disconnected. Also, check the sub RCA's under the helm to make sure the deck is still connected to the amp. If those look fine, check the wiring at the sub itself.

Thank you. Wiring seems to be fine, from what I can see. The RCA jacks are most easily seen and are fine, the amp lights do light up so it's getting power. I'm wondering if I'm missing a setting on the head unit for the sub or some type of adjustment at the amp itself. I have a 13 year old who likes to "adjust" things which may have something to do with the issue. I'll be on it this weekend and will continue to poke around. Any additional input is appreciated.

I have the same head unit and there's no separate sub adjustment on it. I believe the KMC-20 does. The "gain" for the sub section of the amp could be turned way down, check that as well.

We picked up a new 2018 22 SSRFBXP this year and love the boat. We have the KMC10 with Kicker sub and amp upgrade. The last time we went out the sub-woofer was not working from the get go, rest of stereo working fine. No wiring seems to have disconnected and never had this issue before. Any recommendations out there where to start the troubleshooting without pulling it all out? It is securely mounted in the far corner under the helm. Thank you.
I have a question about your sub location. I have a 2019 23ssbxp and have the KMC10 but no sub or amp. Where is the factory amp and sub installed? I am looking at having a aftermarket sub and amp installed and would like to put it in the same place as the factory. Thanks for your help.

I have a question about your sub location. I have a 2019 23ssbxp and have the KMC10 but no sub or amp. Where is the factory amp and sub installed? I am looking at having a aftermarket sub and amp installed and would like to put it in the same place as the factory. Thanks for your help.

2A235191-5A5E-4231-9CDE-CA57E8B646C2.jpeg 5A732A9D-004E-484E-8966-8B23A30795E9.jpeg
Here are the pictures of more bring location. Problem was the negative speaker input had come out of the sub and the screw was on the floor.

David,
Sorry, autocorrect went haywire. Above you will see the sub and amp location. Amp mounted on top of sub. With my stereo system the sub makes all the differance. It will be a great addition to your boat.

Back