Suggestions for preventing mold on Benny seats.

Mcar

Reaction score
Any suggestions for how to keep mold off of Bennington seats? I use the 3M 303 protectant but this apparently doesn't prevent mold growth. I keep the boat covered plus it is parked under a canopy to keep the rain off. Is there any product you can apply to prevent mold growth?

I'm in south Florida and haven't found anything that prevents it. I will say the star brite mildew remover works pretty good though. It came recommended by a guy who makes his living keeping the big boats clean down here for others and I'm happy with it so far. I'm like you though and would prefer to have a proactive solution compared to a reactive solution.

I've used Damprid like GCWAndy but only when in storage. But that product will get rid of the moisture. Also the problem is moist stagnant air under your cover. Try to get some airflow in there. Since it's under a canopy open the front door, side door, rear door. Get the air moving and you'll notice a difference. Some people have used fans to ventilate......

I have a fan under my mooring cover and just let it run while it’s covered on the lift. I haven’t had any problems yet. It definitely helps to dry it out after a heavy rain. I have only washed the seats thoroughly twice since I’ve had the boat.

Ventilation is the key! As others stated get a small fan (solar powered?)

Thank you all for the suggestions. I will implement these and hopefully see improvement. Thanks again

Marine 31 Mildew Guard. Their Mildew Cleaner is awesome and I have not had a problem since I started using the Guard. They are based in Fl so they know the issues.

Place a 5gal. bucket or two of charcoal under the cover. Absorbs moisture.

Back