Summer 2019 gas prices....,

BigKahuna

Reaction score
Well we finally burned up most of the fuel we put in when we filled up last fall prior to winterization. Or so I thought. Our fuel gauge fluctuates so much when it gets down to quarter tank I start to get nervous. So here I am thinking that we're getting pretty low. My 52 gallon tank took 34 gallons. I still had 18 gallons left. Damn! Anyway I paid $3.99 for ethanol free 87 octane on the water. (Found out later $3.65 is the best price on the lake) What have you all paid for gas this summer on the water?????

4.75/gallon ... :confused:

$3.69 on water. That's why I carry it in 5 gallon cans for around $2.50 per gallon.

Edit: these are both 87 octane non ethanol

Last edited:
$3.59 for 100% gasoline 87 Octane.

$3.39 last time I filled up. I'd carry it down to the water in 5 gal cans to save the $1 per gal, but lake 87 octane is ethanol free and road gas isn't.
Interesting we can get ethanol free 91 and 93 octane in town for the same $3.39. I run it in all the skis (highly modified), mowers, powerwasher, blower etc.

No gas on our lake. 91 rec fuel (ethanol free) was $3.99 last weekend at nearby station.

On the Brazos in Texas:

Lake Granbury - $3.55 at Pecan Plantation, $3.49 at Stumpy's (6/30/19)
Possum Kingdom Lake - $4.59 at Sam's Dock (6/28/19) :eek:

Telmar Marina - satellite beach. 6/30/19 $4.09/gallon 91 ethanol free.

No gas on our lake, but premium is $3 a gallon at the station. I use (2) 5 gallon tanks and a siphon.

I trailer, and never buy gas on the water. I just fill up with ethanol road gas on the way out, add a small amount of marine Sta-Bil (usually) and burn it all up every week or two. I have a 2 stroke Yamaha 150 and it hasn't skipped a beat. Every winter, I take it in to my boat mechanic, and he always tells me everything is fine. (It's a 2009 model engine). I guess when we start seeing issues I'll take appropriate action. The Yamaha owner's manual states that 87 octane gas is fine, including fuel with up to 15% ethanol. I haven't seen a reason to blow more money using the "pure" gas at the marina.

Mine drinks pump 89 as well. 410 hours and still running like day 1.

I trailer, and never buy gas on the water. I just fill up with ethanol road gas on the way out, add a small amount of marine Sta-Bil (usually) and burn it all up every week or two. I have a 2 stroke Yamaha 150 and it hasn't skipped a beat. Every winter, I take it in to my boat mechanic, and he always tells me everything is fine. (It's a 2009 model engine). I guess when we start seeing issues I'll take appropriate action. The Yamaha owner's manual states that 87 octane gas is fine, including fuel with up to 15% ethanol. I haven't seen a reason to blow more money using the "pure" gas at the marina.

Marine Sta-Bil is the way to go, 100% of the time. NOT regular Sta-Bil. 2 neighbors who are mechanics both swear by the stuff. They and the company several of us use for maintenance swears by it as well. I also use it for all small engine gas, along with anything sitting in water. Ethenol destroys gas lines. Seen it with a inboard line, and a weed trimmer and blower. The Marine stuff keeps gas fresher, and helps with moisture content, which is most important.

Marine Sta-Bil is the way to go, 100% of the time. NOT regular Sta-Bil. 2 neighbors who are mechanics both swear by the stuff. They and the company several of us use for maintenance swears by it as well. I also use it for all small engine gas, along with anything sitting in water. Ethenol destroys gas lines. Seen it with a inboard line, and a weed trimmer and blower. The Marine stuff keeps gas fresher, and helps with moisture content, which is most important.
You're right Tomc fuel with ethanol in it tears small engine components up. Fuel lines on a blower and string trimmer I had disintegrated in my hand. My Benny has never seen fuel w/ethanol in it and I also put it in my lawn equipment etc ......I'll pay the extra money for piece of mind......

Fuel lines on my 2017 are all rated for E10. Just saw that today when I had a small surging issue. Think I was getting vapor lock ...

Fuel lines on my 2017 are all rated for E10. Just saw that today when I had a small surging issue. Think I was getting vapor lock ...
I doubt you'd have vapor lock. Given your fuel burn rate, nothing could be THAT airtight!

Back