Summer 2019 gas prices....,

Well we finally burned up most of the fuel we put in when we filled up last fall prior to winterization. Or so I thought. Our fuel gauge fluctuates so much when it gets down to quarter tank I start to get nervous. So here I am thinking that we're getting pretty low. My 52 gallon tank took 34 gallons. I still had 18 gallons left. Damn! Anyway I paid $3.99 for ethanol free 87 octane on the water. (Found out later $3.65 is the best price on the lake) What have you all paid for gas this summer on the water?????
Over 6.00 (5.35 at the pumps) at the marina here on the Ottawa River,Ontario Canada

I just got back from a trip to Northern California and (though not directly boating related) gas at the gas station pumps for regular unleaded gas - not rec fuel - was $6.38/gal. THAT IS NOT A TYPO - $6.38. I had pumped $20 before I realized and stopped. GasBuddy even said “that seems a little high, are you sure” when I tried to post it. It was the only station in Mendocino. Everywhere else (other towns in the area) were ONLY around $3.89/gal.

I just got back from a trip to Northern California and (though not directly boating related) gas at the gas station pumps for regular unleaded gas - not rec fuel - was $6.38/gal. THAT IS NOT A TYPO - $6.38. I had pumped $20 before I realized and stopped. GasBuddy even said “that seems a little high, are you sure” when I tried to post it. It was the only station in Mendocino. Everywhere else (other towns in the area) were ONLY around $3.89/gal.

Around here the state attorney general would be making a visit to someone selling at that price. Their only defense would be a high cost fuel delivery ... then again, IF they’ve always been ridiculously high, it’s not considered gouging.

Closest town - where I did fill up at $3.89 - is about 10 miles north. We were heading that way anyway to the Redwoods after a wedding in Mendocino. Mendocino was a 4 hour drive from San Francisco and the redwoods another 2 hours north of that. WHAT AN AMAZING PLACE. I even drove my rental car through a redwood- I imagine you’ve seen pictures of that happening. Park had 1/3 of the WORLDS tallest trees.

WHAT AN AMAZING PLACE. I even drove my rental car through a redwood- I imagine you’ve seen pictures of that happening. Park had 1/3 of the WORLDS tallest trees.
Yes, it is! Actually, many amazing places to visit in CA.

We’ve been to Southern California many times - my sibs moved there 35 years ago. Just never got to the northern part of the state.

Almost $5/gallon on the lake here (NE Ohio). Filled up the Bennington yesterday evening and the car earlier in the day (93 octane to feed the Hemi) so it was a painful $150 gas afternoon... lol

Gas at our marina in northern Michigan was running $3.99 last weekend while local gas stations were selling 87 unleaded for $2.90.

Back