Sunning your back on a 2275GCW

BusyKYmom

Reaction score
I've seen a couple of posts about how to lay flat for sunning your back if you have the two chaise lounges in the back. I tried this method and it worked just fine. Move your extra bow seat to the rear between the two seats. Even though there are gaps, when you are laying down, you can't feel them. :)

Pics at

I've seen a couple of posts about how to lay flat for sunning your back if you have the two chaise lounges in the back. I tried this method and it worked just fine. Move your extra bow seat to the rear between the two seats. Even though there are gaps, when you are laying down, you can't feel them. :)

Pics at
Just found the answer to my question :)

Thanks!

Steve

Why not just turn around and put your legs on the backrest of the lounger?

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a new idea for Bennington! A stern seat! Looks like it needs to be a little wider than the standard bow seat.

With any luck, it might even be able to do double duty as a bow seat for the S model (which has a bigger gap to fill since the front couches don't wrap around the corners at all).

There's a new idea for Bennington! A stern seat! Looks like it needs to be a little wider than the standard bow seat.

With any luck, it might even be able to do double duty as a bow seat for the S model (which has a bigger gap to fill since the front couches don't wrap around the corners at all).
I do wish the extra seat fit well in every open slot.

Another thought is to get one of those blow up twin mattresses that blows up to normal height....but I would have to measure to make sure it would fit. Then you would have a king size bed back there!

Or TB could make a removable filler cushion(s) that would be supported by stainless rods. It would fit perfectly, the vinyl would be a perfect match, and it could be stowed easily when not in use.

I had this setup to fill in the bow of a deck boat, it worked really well.

Steve

Or you could just turn around like previously mentioned. Seems pretty simple.

Derrick

Or you could just turn around like previously mentioned. Seems pretty simple.

Derrick
Doesn't work for my little lady, and I do not want a big round white dot behind my knees either.

Should be easy to have made a filler cushion. Just need some matching vinyl.

Steve

Another thought is to get one of those blow up twin mattresses that blows up to normal height....but I would have to measure to make sure it would fit. Then you would have a king size bed back there!
Over the winter I thought about doing this. I stopped by the boat in January and measured the distance between my front couches on our 24 SSL, which is 41 inches. The twin mattresses are about 40 inches wide, which is close enough to work. I figured my daughter and her friends would have fun using it to lay out in the sun, but I haven't bought one yet. At $35-$40 for a double deep on Amazon, it's worth a try.

The worse that can happen is a future house guest doesn't have to sleep on the couch!

Over the winter I thought about doing this. I stopped by the boat in January and measured the distance between my front couches on our 24 SSL, which is 41 inches. The twin mattresses are about 40 inches wide, which is close enough to work. I figured my daughter and her friends would have fun using it to lay out in the sun, but I haven't bought one yet. At $35-$40 for a double deep on Amazon, it's worth a try.

The worse that can happen is a future house guest doesn't have to sleep on the couch!
Keep us posted on this!

The seat bases (front couches) get wider at the base, right? (Wider, as in, further apart.)

So, rather than getting a single taller/thicker air mattress, maybe a full sized air mattress on the bottom, and a twin sized on top of that, might fit nicely between the front seats and turn the front of the boat into a giant "sun deck"? I will have to remember to bring a tape measure next time we go out.

Kids can throw them in the water and play on them separately too.

A 12V air pump (which we have for the tube) would make these easy to deal with.

Yes, I would like to hear what you end up doing.

Storing all the blow-up stuff is an issue. We are going to install a dock box (our Corp of Engineers rules mandate a standard size and color, but at least we can have one). Just not enough room under the seats to keep it all on the boat.

Big jump in size from a twin/single 39" to a full/double 54" and queen size is 60". I guess you could just partially fill the double on the bottom till it snagged up against the seat base.

Derrick

Bennington needs an adjustable lounger back support like the mattress infomercials. That way you could adjust your seating angle or lay the lounger completely flat to sun your back.

Big jump in size from a twin/single 39" to a full/double 54" and queen size is 60". I guess you could just partially fill the double on the bottom till it snagged up against the seat base.

Derrick
You are correct. I misread the sizes. Thought the full was 44, not 54.

Back