Sure is quiet around here

amr7333

Reaction score
No posts in here for a while now. Guess everyone is gone. I hope to be gone tomorrow. Will try to post pics if the weather cooperates. It was not good here today.

Strong winds out of the southwest around 30 to 35 mph I would guess. Not a good day to work outside but we had fence to build and a windmill to take down. Got our mill guy to bring his truck and we popped it off and got it on the ground. Probably saved us about 3 grand by risking it and taking it down in the wind. It had a broken mast pipe and if the mill moved much and finished snapping it off, the windmill would have fell off and ruined. When he gets the parts together and the wind dies down, he will come back and make repairs and put it back together.

Hoping for an easier day tomorrow.

No posts in here for a while now. Guess everyone is gone. I hope to be gone tomorrow. Will try to post pics if the weather cooperates. It was not good here today.

Strong winds out of the southwest around 30 to 35 mph I would guess. Not a good day to work outside but we had fence to build and a windmill to take down. Got our mill guy to bring his truck and we popped it off and got it on the ground. Probably saved us about 3 grand by risking it and taking it down in the wind. It had a broken mast pipe and if the mill moved much and finished snapping it off, the windmill would have fell off and ruined. When he gets the parts together and the wind dies down, he will come back and make repairs and put it back together.

Hoping for an easier day tomorrow.
I was thinking it was real quiet as well

Ron

The weather has probably got in the way for most. I'm finally taking delivery of my 20 SLI next Friday. Just in time for the spring floods on our river. It hits flood stage tomorrow and crests on Monday morning. With a little luck we'll be able to get it under the road and rail bridges by Friday. Can a start the chant "No Rain...No Rain...No Rain! Good luck with the windmill.

Send the rain our way. Sure is dry here. Parts of Texas south of here(Possum Kingdom area for one) have burned over a million acres and 200 plus homes. I figure anyplace in Texas would take rain.

As for the windmill, we will get it fixed next week. Have to keep water out for those cows if you expect calves to grow.

I was on the lake two nights ago, but last night the high winds kept me in the slip. Got some cleaning done but that's about it.

Yep, been on the lake all weekend, now Monday back at work on lunch checking the forums. Hopefully next weekend will be as nice as this one was.

Back