Suredock system - Ropeless Docking (solution for bumper burn)

I have a buddy who has used something much like this for years. I have never asked him about the metal on metal issue but he seems to like them. He has a number of boats, Pontoon, Bass, Yamaha Jet, 12' aluminum ...he has about 5 or 6 sets of these things, his family has had them since I was a teenager, I'm in my mid fifties now, he still uses them, (same ones from years ago). Never heard a complaint. I've looked for some and hadn't seen anything like them - until now.

2016[SIZE=8pt] [/SIZE]• 21SLXP • Blackout Edition - Midnight Black • 150 HP VMAX SHO 25 IN • SPS / Tri-toon • Bimini Top Curved-Blue Ice LED • Extended Aft Deck • 4 Step SS Ladder • Pillowtop Diamond Upholstery • Recliner - G Series Helm Chair - Adjustable Height • Bow Table • Bow Gate Seat • Custom Wheel  • Echo 301dv • In-Floor Storage Lifting Strakes • Dock Lights in SS LED • Blue Ice LED – Illumination • Pop Up Cleats • Ski Tow Bar

I have a buddy who has used something much like this for years. I have never asked him about the metal on metal issue but he seems to like them. He has a number of boats, Pontoon, Bass, Yamaha Jet, 12' aluminum ...he has about 5 or 6 sets of these things, his family has had them since I was a teenager, I'm in my mid fifties now, he still uses them, (same ones from years ago). Never heard a complaint. I've looked for some and hadn't seen anything like them - until now.

2016[SIZE=8pt] [/SIZE]• 21SLXP • Blackout Edition - Midnight Black • 150 HP VMAX SHO 25 IN • SPS / Tri-toon • Bimini Top Curved-Blue Ice LED • Extended Aft Deck • 4 Step SS Ladder • Pillowtop Diamond Upholstery • Recliner - G Series Helm Chair - Adjustable Height • Bow Table • Bow Gate Seat • Custom Wheel  • Echo 301dv • In-Floor Storage Lifting Strakes • Dock Lights in SS LED • Blue Ice LED – Illumination • Pop Up Cleats • Ski Tow Bar

That is very promising...

Works for a single slip with piers on both sides.  We are in a double slip and can not tie off the starboard rear cleat.  Have the similar issue in Canada. We dock beside the dock and can only tie the port cleats.  I built some hold offs that use muffler clamps as pivots and gas pipe as the standoffs.   Works well until we get North winds that come across the lake.  Then I pull the boat and wait for the morning.  

SureDock is a better solution than what I built. 

Weighted pulls to keep boat centered or Tideminders? Spring loaded lines? Mooring whips (expensive)   Just a few ideas to help.⚓

I just switched mine up...  Now I'm using a whip in the rear, and a spring loaded line in the front attached to the seawall to hold boat away from my straight 4 section 32' dock.

http://

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I love the lighter colored stripe! Looks sweet!

There was a post a few weeks back about getting the right bumpers for your boat and dock, and I commented about my bumpers starting to burn the sharkhide on my pontoons after I spent countless hours polishing them I posed a couple pics there... Burning my sharkhide just 24hrs after dropping my boat in the water was infuriating, so I needed to find something that didn't involve bumpers and rope.

I started googling some things hoping to find a solution like "bumper-less / ropeless docking" etc... I was mainly going through the image search to get some ideas of how I can dock my boat without ruining all my hard work and found this gif:

dockloop2.gif

not sure if the image loads with all

This appears to be a perfect option!! I couldn't find any info on the company on the forum, or anywhere else really so I reached out to them via phone. They just started selling/manfucturing this year so it's a relatively new product. There is a demo of it at my dealership which I didn't realize until talking with them, but I did get a pair ordered and I should be able to install in the next week , I promised them I would review this product also so I'll be following up soon with everyone on the outcome...

here is their site http://suredockusa.com/ for anyone interested.

In the meantime i'm wondering if anyone has used something like this before.

Any thoughts on this? Anyone think the bumper would be better than something like this? pros/cons?
Did you install them. What’s the verdict?

There was a post a few weeks back about getting the right bumpers for your boat and dock, and I commented about my bumpers starting to burn the sharkhide on my pontoons after I spent countless hours polishing them I posed a couple pics there... Burning my sharkhide just 24hrs after dropping my boat in the water was infuriating, so I needed to find something that didn't involve bumpers and rope.

I started googling some things hoping to find a solution like "bumper-less / ropeless docking" etc... I was mainly going through the image search to get some ideas of how I can dock my boat without ruining all my hard work and found this gif:

dockloop2.gif

not sure if the image loads with all

This appears to be a perfect option!! I couldn't find any info on the company on the forum, or anywhere else really so I reached out to them via phone. They just started selling/manfucturing this year so it's a relatively new product. There is a demo of it at my dealership which I didn't realize until talking with them, but I did get a pair ordered and I should be able to install in the next week , I promised them I would review this product also so I'll be following up soon with everyone on the outcome...

here is their site http://suredockusa.com/ for anyone interested.

In the meantime i'm wondering if anyone has used something like this before.

Any thoughts on this? Anyone think the bumper would be better than something like this? pros/cons?

I have a boat house and lift. When we have the boat out during the day, we park by pulling up to a swim dock. Typically we tie to cleats. Bending down to cleat is an issue for one member of the family, so I am looking for non-rope options; hence the interest in SureDock. Has anyone used it on their Bennington?

Thanks for posting about the SureDock. I take the 22' pontoon to a Canada fish camp each summer and I have created a docking system to keep the boat off the dock when the north winds kick up. Last year a main rope broke during a storm and the boat got beat up. I just ordered the SureDock and will test it this summer. I will then bring it home and see how it works in KY on a floating dock.

Back