swingack owners only - porta potti

dmhflash

Reaction score
For those of you who own a swingback, have you installed or used a porta potti under the swingback seat?  If so, what model do you use and do you know the height under the swingback seat pad?  All women in my family so it is necessary for emergencies.  The shallowest model I have found is the Thetford 260 which is about 12.2 inches tall.  Want to make sure I purchase one that will fit so the seat fully closes. 

Thanks in advance for any feedback.  

Dave

For those of you who own a swingback, have you installed or used a porta potti under the swingback seat?  If so, what model do you use and do you know the height under the swingback seat pad?  All women in my family so it is necessary for emergencies.  The shallowest model I have found is the Thetford 260 which is about 12.2 inches tall.  Want to make sure I purchase one that will fit so the seat fully closes. 

Thanks in advance for any feedback.  

Dave

Dave,

We went with this one as it fits nicely between the rails of the curtain frame when the Swingback is closed. You need to have the head in a specific area but not a big deal. Works good for the wife.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00194F0CE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks H2GO, that is the information I was hoping to get.  You are right, the frame for the privacy enclosure is kind of tight when shut and I never took measurements to determine what would fit there.  

Thanks H2GO, that is the information I was hoping to get. You are right, the frame for the privacy enclosure is kind of tight when shut and I never took measurements to determine what would fit there.
How long have you had yours set up, and are you still pleased with it.

Used it all last summer and it was great. Even though there is a ton of room under the swingback seat there is a very limited area under the seat where it will fit due to the privacy enclosure frame so you can't really move the porta John around under the swingback seat. That said it is a great addition if you need a head.

Back