Swingback Model Numbers

sunedog

Reaction score
Hi -- I am in the market for a used swingback. Ideally I'm looking for a 22' tritoon with the swingback layout and a 200 HP or larger Yamaha. As many of you know, Bennington has created more than a hundred model numbers. This makes searching for used boats with the swingback challenging. Here is a list of models I've come up with that feature the swingback:

SSPXP
SSBXP
SSLX
RSB

I would appreciate if anyone can add to my list.

Have you tried boat builder site and hit the Swing back button ?
Looks like if you stay with a 22 there are 3
SSBX
SSBXP
GSB

Have you tried boat builder site and hit the Swing back button ?

Great suggestion for current models. Thank you, Jack. I would still like to add models not currently on the boat builder app.

It was a new option in 2016, and was extended into a broader range of models in 2017 and 2018. Thus, narrowing your search down by year will be helpful too. Regardless, it will always have a “SB” in that sequence in the model number. Thus the SSBX, SSBXP, GSB, RSB, QSB....those are the combos to look for, by year, in any model number sequence if you are focused on the Swingback (SB).

Hope that helps a bit.

SSLX is not a swingback. That’s a port side double wide rear lounger with fixed back.

A8AD31B1-77AB-4207-A2D0-02FBAE409A78.jpeg8EE5938C-5F78-458C-86E6-3AD84F26F7DE.jpeg

Bump up to 23’, many more options.

7051C3FB-896D-4C89-A7C8-77537C2AD1D5.png

SSLX has worked well for us. You can have people facing backwards and forwards at the same time making the best use of the area. I might be biased though.

Andy, we like our GCW for the same reason. We got the upgrade so rails are padded so you can sit facing each other if you like. It’s not exactly like a regular lounger, but it’s close.

I think this thread is starting to illustrate one of the really nice things with Bennington. Lots of different layouts. Some with a basic similarity, but executed in a different manner, yet executed in a comfortable and aesthetic manner. Makes it easier to really fine tune one’s preference. Win-win! :cool:

SSLX has worked well for us. You can have people facing backwards and forwards at the same time making the best use of the area. I might be biased though.
"At the same time" is a key point for me too vs the swingback. Shirley I am biased!

Back