Swingback Plus SX/L (Port Bench)

BaysideFMB

Reaction score
I see the “Swingback Plus SX/L“ option on the boat builder. Does anyone know what this is?

Yep - it's the fold-flat option that includes flip-up rear seats. It's fantastic, and I'm so glad we have them!

Attachments

• IMG_7345.jpg
    IMG_7345.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 143
Yep - it's the fold-flat option that includes flip-up rear seats. It's fantastic, and I'm so glad we have them!

Oh wow. I had not seen this set up before. Very cool option/flexibility. I certainly don’t think that is something they offered back in 2017 when we got our Swingback. Is that a new option for 20 or 21, or just for R/Q series boats? Inquiring minds that cannot get another boat want to know. ;)

This is a new option for 2021. I don't know if they are all like this or not now as I'm not looking for a swingback but if you look up 2021 Bennington on youtube you will find many walk-through videos that show this new feature. Here is a link to one. This is a L series bowrider with the swingback.

Oh wow, I'm in love with this bowrider floorplan!

The video is great. Thanks for posting it. I love the new Swingback set up. The flexibility and versatility of it seem great. It looks like it puts my older 2017 version to shame.

With the dual captain's chairs the swingback swings down in front to form a flat pad (like in the other video). With the "L" type bench swingback they have a different version that tucks under the swingback chair. This is on the high end boats. Not sure which series which is available on but good to see Bennington being innovative and bringing new features out. See this for demonstration... This is nice too. :)

With the dual captain's chairs the swingback swings down in front to form a flat pad (like in the other video). With the "L" type bench swingback they have a different version that tucks under the swingback chair. This is on the high end boats. Not sure which series which is available on but good to see Bennington being innovative and bringing new features out. See this for demonstration... This is nice too. :)

Yup, really like this version too. Already bought our last boat first in 2017.
Must...not...succum...to...temptation. :p I really like these tweaks and innovations on the Swingback layout.

Swingback Details: I just spent 2 days figuring this out, for the 2021 Models: -
The LX model offers the 4 position Swingback Plus upgrade where the backrest folds forward to create the largest flat area available. It works with both the 2 Captain Chairs and Bench. With the Bench, a section of the Bench seat folds down to accommodate the backrest folding flat.
The R Series has the Swingback Deluxe upgrade where the backrest folds into the Swingback, thus the length is smaller which I found a bit short but usable at 5'11".
We selected the LX model over the RX model due to this one feature.

Swingback Details: I just spent 2 days figuring this out, for the 2021 Models: -
The LX model offers the 4 position Swingback Plus upgrade where the backrest folds forward to create the largest flat area available. It works with both the 2 Captain Chairs and Bench. With the Bench, a section of the Bench seat folds down to accommodate the backrest folding flat.
The R Series has the Swingback Deluxe upgrade where the backrest folds into the Swingback, thus the length is smaller which I found a bit short but usable at 5'11".
We selected the LX model over the RX model due to this one feature.
That is an excellent point Larry. The Plus would be a longer bed as it folds down vs the Deluxe which stows inside the bench. Hadn't thought of that point. I do like how the deluxe has the seat backs that click into various positions versus just the 1 position of the plus but there's always a trade off. Great detective work!

So on most of the swing backs it appears the side bench has the person facing to the side or backwards depending on how they are sitting. I would much rather have who is sitting across from the captain facing forward or am I missing something. Its actually stopping me from ordering an RX Sport

So on most of the swing backs it appears the side bench has the person facing to the side or backwards depending on how they are sitting. I would much rather have who is sitting across from the captain facing forward or am I missing something. Its actually stopping me from ordering an RX Sport
Other trim levels you can get the swingback with a captain’s seat instead of chaise bench. It doesn’t seem available in the RX Sport but I would have your dealer reach out to Bennington if you prefer that layout to see if it is possible.

Thanks. They have a call into them now. Just curious since so many are built that way if I am missing something. This is our third Benny and they keep getting more expensive so want to get it right of course lol

Thanks. They have a call into them now. Just curious since so many are built that way if I am missing something. This is our third Benny and they keep getting more expensive so want to get it right of course lol
On our SXP swingback, we have the connected side bench instead of dual captains chairs. You can layout across the side bench facing either forward or backwards. If seated, then you are facing toward the helm.

That said, if laying back on the bench and facing forward, you are set back about 2’ from the person driving the boat instead of sitting/laying back beside them. You’d need the captains chair option to achieve a somewhat parallel forward seated position.

Love the new swingback features. We looked at the bowrlder before buying but found that giving up all storage under the front seats was not worth it as those seats basically sit right on top of the pontoons.

So, it's a lunch cruiser instead of a weekend warrior...bummer.

Back