Swingback Stereo upgrade help

Thank you so much! I will be ordering this today! Much appreciated !

No problem! Probably the best bang for the buck upgrade I did. I’m sure you’ll be happy with it!

You’d think I was getting kick backs from Rockford or something.:D

You should be, but that’s probably true of most of us with Bennington. Is there a royalty or reward program for all of our positive and often “upselling” advice? :D

You should be, but that’s probably true of most of us with Bennington. Is there a royalty or reward program for all of our positive and often “upselling” advice? :D

And boat lifts!

I also have a 23ft swingback 2019. I have the factory upgraded kicker stereo with amp and have lights in all the speakers. I believe the amp is only powering the sub and would like to add a new amp or a 5 channel instead of factory to improve the speaker quality at higher volumes. My question is.. When wiring a new amp i am concerned about messing up the lighting in the speakers. My boat has a knob that controls the speaker lights, interior lights, side lights and under water lights. Is this wired complete separate than the speakers? Or is there an extra wire that makes the light work in the speakers? Thanks

Yep, totally separate system. The wires powering the speakers are totally independent of the wires powering the lighting.

I also have the KMC10 Head unit with Kicker lighted speakers. I didn’t go for the amp or sub upgrade since I was planning on doing that myself. In the process of setting up the amp I’m a little confused. I have the kmc10 wiring diagram but need the speaker wiring diagram after the head unit. Does anyone have it??

Last edited:
Id like to inquire about the wiring from the kmc-10 as well. I too purchased the Rockford 12" powered sub and am planning to just tap into the rear Stern speakers for sound.

I would really really like to also disconnect and re-wire the speakers in the helm, coming it was from the receiver, to be the 4 speakers in the cabin on the FRONT channel and the 2 Stern rear speakers to be on the REAR channel.

Two questions:

#1. Can that wire splicing be done? I've heard mixed opinions on where Bennington splices the FRONT / REAR speakers together from the factory .. is it right near the helm/receiver.. or is it hidden and closer to the back somewhere that I cannot access or see to do the splice myself??

#2. Suppose I am able to wire the 4 cabin speakers to the FRONT channel and the 2 Stern speakers to the REAR.. when tapping into my speakers for the Rockford 12" powered sub.. would I then have to tap into the LEFT/REAR Stern speaker and then perhaps the FRONT/RIGHT Speaker in order to ensure I have sub working with both FRONT and REAR channels??

**I feel like what I'm saying and thinking for #2 is the correct and only way if I want to not have to run the RCA cables to the helm and tap into speakers...

From reading other posts on this forum, I was under the impression the KMC-10 was already factory wired the way you desire on the 6 speaker setup - the 4 cabin speakers assigned to the front channel and the 2 stern speakers assigned to the rear channel. I cannot confirm this, as my swingback does not have the rear speakers.

I would think tapping into the rear speakers for your powered sub would be fine (and offer the easiest wiring solution) as long as you keep the fade set with enough signal to the rear.

From reading other posts on this forum, I was under the impression the KMC-10 was already factory wired the way you desire on the 6 speaker setup - the 4 cabin speakers assigned to the front channel and the 2 stern speakers assigned to the rear channel. I cannot confirm this, as my swingback does not have the rear speakers.

I would think tapping into the rear speakers for your powered sub would be fine (and offer the easiest wiring solution) as long as you keep the fade set with enough signal to the rear.

I hope that factory wiring FRONT / REAR is correct! Makes my life much easier :)

Just added another sub to the boat. I have the Rockford Fosgate 12 inch punch in the back seat and now added this 10 inch Kicker TB tube to the front. Fits great and sounds great. Install was easy with an amp located in the helm.

Attachments

• 78192095-9EC3-4D8C-B0BD-5D0D8F649663.png
    78192095-9EC3-4D8C-B0BD-5D0D8F649663.png
    154.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 77E4BD59-AF7D-4416-BEF0-345B00FA1B2C.jpeg
    77E4BD59-AF7D-4416-BEF0-345B00FA1B2C.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 64
Nice. Is the one 12" punch sub under the setting back seat not enough?? I just bought it as I loved the idea of no running wires. Direct hookup.. Easy peasy.

Dmonnny123, I also have a 12" Fosgate powered sub on a 2574 and personally think it's enough. Of course, adding one to the front would be even better, but that would involve a lot more work due to my wave shield. Now, if you really want to get fancy, do a Derrick...

Dmonnny123, I also have a 12" Fosgate powered sub on a 2574 and personally think it's enough. Of course, adding one to the front would be even better, but that would involve a lot more work due to my wave shield. Now, if you really want to get fancy, do a Derrick...
I also have the wave shield on my swing back and running the wire from the front seat to the helm was easy. It runs along the back of the front seat and then into the helm compartment. Took me about 10 minutes to fish it through.

I also have the wave shield on my swing back and running the wire from the front seat to the helm was easy. It runs along the back of the front seat and then into the helm compartment. Took me about 10 minutes to fish it through.

Right? I get the wiring from the front to be very easy... But it's the running from the front to the way back Stern where the battery is that's the tricky part. How you do that?

Yeah, it's not impossible but the only time I have to do the installation is when the boat is in the water, which complicates things.

Right? I get the wiring from the front to be very easy... But it's the running from the front to the way back Stern where the battery is that's the tricky part. How you do that?
I had the dealership pre run the amp power wire from the battery to the helm, since thats where i mounted my amp.

Back