Switches won't work

TurtleLedge

Reaction score
I connected a Garmin GPS to the extra red & black wired connector and now none of my switches work.  Prior to doing the connection, I touched the gps wires to the connector and it fed power to the gps through the accessory switch I wanted.  I've since disconnected the gps and the all the switches are still dead.  The 30amp green fuses by the batteries do not look blown.  This is on a 2016 SX22.

Did you check the circuit breakers under the switches? They are the little buttons under the switches. I would also check under the helm for any inline fuses.

The circuit breaker buttons are fine.  The only inline fuse I see under the console is the 10amp engine fuse and that is fine.  

Check by your battery, there may be a fuse at the battery. You might have to take the top of the battery box  off to access. I had a problem on my old Bennington, when the fuse blew at the battery i had no accessories.

Are you just looking at the fuses or are you using a meter or test light? I've been burned by thinking a fuse looked ok. Do your nav lights work? They should have power all the time.

Problem solved.  For anyone else who may experience the same, here was the issue.  There is a small connector box which is a breaker that joins a cable from the dual battery switch to a cable that goes to the helm console which feeds power to switches.  That connector box has a very small button on the side which is a reset.  The breaker box connector is located right by the battery switch.  Thanks all.

Nice work tracking that down. Thanks for the tip!

Are you just looking at the fuses or are you using a meter or test light? I've been burned by thinking a fuse looked ok. Do your nav lights work? They should have power all the time.
My navigational lights are the only thing not working. What could it be?

My navigational lights are the only thing not working. What could it be?

Have you tried everything mentioned above first?

Back