Table Modification

Dave Tampa

Reaction score
I have a Trapezoid Table that came with my Benny...I'd like to drill through the cup recesses in order to accommodate Yeti type cups.

I'll size it right, but curious as to difficulty in this project, has anyone done anything similar?

And are we talking fiberglass table tops?

I have a Trapezoid Table that came with my Benny...I'd like to drill through the cup recesses in order to accommodate Yeti type cups.

I'll size it right, but curious as to difficulty in this project, has anyone done anything similar?

And are we talking fiberglass table tops?
Drill away Dave Tampa! Looks like you will be the first to try it.Let us know!

I have plans to do the same. Here's a thread on a previous mod.

I literally did this yesterday. The replacement cup size is kinda in-between hole saw sizes. I fist used a hole saw that fit in the small bottom of the table cup. I slowly drilled thru, note: there is a bottom plastic piece on the underside if the table, just go slow and cut thru that part at the same time. Next I used a hole saw that just fit in the bigger top part of the table cup holder and drilled that part out. Don't go all the way thru the bottom plastic this time, the replacement cup holder will look nicer finished this way. My replacement cup holder was still a little too big for this hole, so I used the same hole saw size a slowly and carefully sorta wobbled it around to widen the hole a little bit. If it wasn't raining I would get a pic. Maybe tmrw. if you have any question or need clarity just ask and I will do my best to help out

I'm nervous about the table top, seems like it's fiberglass. What size hole bit did you use, and any advice you'd share would be appreciated!

I literally did this yesterday. The replacement cup size is kinda in-between hole saw sizes. I fist used a hole saw that fit in the small bottom of the table cup. I slowly drilled thru, note: there is a bottom plastic piece on the underside if the table, just go slow and cut thru that part at the same time. Next I used a hole saw that just fit in the bigger top part of the table cup holder and drilled that part out. Don't go all the way thru the bottom plastic this time, the replacement cup holder will look nicer finished this way. My replacement cup holder was still a little too big for this hole, so I used the same hole saw size a slowly and carefully sorta wobbled it around to widen the hole a little bit. If it wasn't raining I would get a pic. Maybe tmrw. if you have any question or need clarity just ask and I will do my best to help out
Any pictures always appreciated...and the sizes of hole saw bits you used too. Thanks!

you should measure the cupholders that you get first and then figure out the hole saw size. I just matched up to my hole saw kit and found one that would work. I then used silicone to hold it down as the sticky rubber gasket on the new cupholders didn't do much. I got my cupholders off of amazon, but they have them academy sports for twice the price.

Your first post invoked images of stuff you might see on THIS site but THAT looks awesome!

Drilled out the bottom part with a 3 1/8” and the top part with a 3 1/2”. But had to “wobble” the second one just a bit to get it the right size

Looks great!

Back