Table Storage

elarock

Reaction score
I have a 2011 2075 GLI and am curious how others store their table when not in use. There are two clips on the back of the seat that work great for storage of the post but I am wondering how folks store the table. Any info would be appreciated.

I just put it int he changing room on the floor but would also like to hear of a better spot for it.

I store mine where I think it belongs. Where you clip in the table base pole. If you flip the table so the top is against the wall and the bottom where the pole goes in is away from the wall it will slide up behind the aluminum cross member under the pole mount and the drop behind the bottom cross member. It stays flush against the walk and takes up 0 space. I am pretty sure that this is a resigned storage spot.

The polle clips are under your your sundeck. If you open it up and look to the right side you can't miss them. The table fits in-between the two aluminum frame pieces parrallel to the pole clips.

After I read your post this morning "1roadking", I went to check this out on my boat since I have the same situation. I think maybe your two aluminum crossmembers must be space farther apart than mine; no matter which way I try it, I cannot get the table to slide up behind the top bar and thus cannot drop it down behind the bottom bar. I can see how it would fit there though if I could manage it. I could slide it down behind these two crossmembers from the top, but would have to remove the two clips for the post to do it (which I might do since it would be easier to store the post somewhere else - like under a seat).

Maybe the folks that are managing to get it to fit can post a picture. That would make sense for a location but I have the same problem with getting it to fit there.

It fits go in at an angle and slide it up then push in and drop it. Once you figure it out it is easy as can be

Was just thinking. The table that I have is the teak version. Is it possible that the teak table is bigger than the non-teak one?

I believe the teak table is bigger, but I am not sure. It might still fit if it isn't to much bigger. I will get a pick on thursday and post it if posssible.

I went back out today and tried again. I have the teak, kidney shaped table. It will not fit into that space; it doesn't even come close to being possible. I also removed the pole clips and tried to insert the table from the top downward and that doesn't work either. The space between my two aluminum crossbars is 11 3/8" and the space between the crossbars and the backwall is just over 2" and none of the pieces involved (table, crossbars, floor, backwall) are flexible. Looks like my table's home is just going to be laying around in the changing room like always.

i've got 2 teak tables and store both mine with the poles in the helm storage under the steering wheel. old pillowcases make a great little "sack" to store them in too so you don't get scratches.

Thanks for posting "matthew" - had not even thought of that location - it works perfect! Had my toolbox in there and it just never occurred to me. Now I get to go buy another table for the front of my boat!

My table slides in easy to the changing area as most folks have reported. A pillow case is a brilliant idea.

Will

My table slides in easy to the changing area as most folks have reported. A pillow case is a brilliant idea.

Will
Not sure one other person equates to "most folks". Either we have different size/style of table tops or the construction of the area in question is different in different models. Regardless, the helm storage area works great.

Back