Tables

Dan S

Reaction score
I have two rectangular matte finish tables on my 21slx. Both have come apart - the top from the bottom 1/2. The factory used some totally    ineffective silicone adhesive to hold the two 1/2's together. Anyway, I want to glue them back to together properly. Does anyone know what type of plastic these tables are made from?  If I use the incorrect adhesive, it will melt the plastic. 

Tell the dealer you want new ones. They're under warranty.

Normally that would be my first choice but I repaired one of them last year because it was easier. Plus the way they had constructed it was not very good. I forgot the adhesive I used on the first one.  I ordered a second rectangular top to replace the kidney shaped one in the aft part of the boat. Lo and behold that one came apart in the same fashion this year. It was also assembled in the same poor fashion as the first one that came apart. I really don't want a replacement. I'd rather have mine glued together properly. That's why I was asking if anyone knew what kind of plastic these tables are made of. Thank you for your input. 

Look for some PL9000 (?) polyurethane adhesive. I believe it's good for anything. Foam, plastic, etc.... But the stuff works great.

Also check out the "Gorilla" line of products and see if there's one that works with anything. If there is, Gorilla brand is one of the strongest product out there in glue, super glue, duct tape, etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
Or some 3M 5200.

I have the dinette model. My table separated also. After a month of use.

I re-glued it with silicon. They are ordering a new table for me. 

The stuff the factory used looked white. Was this the same colour as yours. 

Im hoping the new table doesn't come apart also. If it does, I will do what you did and just fix it my self.

+1 on the Gorilla glue!

Normally that would be my first choice but I repaired one of them last year because it was easier. Plus the way they had constructed it was not very good. I forgot the adhesive I used on the first one.  I ordered a second rectangular top to replace the kidney shaped one in the aft part of the boat. Lo and behold that one came apart in the same fashion this year. It was also assembled in the same poor fashion as the first one that came apart. I really don't want a replacement. I'd rather have mine glued together properly. That's why I was asking if anyone knew what kind of plastic these tables are made of. Thank you for your input. 

That's when I'd most likely keep telling them to order new ones. When they figure out that they are installing crap on our boats, maybe they will change something.

I am having the same issue. What was the glue that everyone found effective? 

I eneded up using Gorilla construction adhesive and appears to have worked.  None of the original glue adhered to the top portion.  I was able to scrap all the residual with my fingers.

Back