Talon anchors

Bill N

Reaction score
Does anyone have a Minnkota Talon anchor?
Share pics of mounting locations please.

Ideally would like one at front and one at rear for parking next to a dock.
Does that make sense?

Does anyone have a Minnkota Talon anchor?
Share pics of mounting locations please.

Ideally would like one at front and one at rear for parking next to a dock.
Does that make sense?
Hey Bill N Why not just tie off to the dock? They look a little pricey!

Asking for a friend.
Obviously, some docks are less boat friendly than others.
Having the ability to maintain non-contact with docks is more important to him than the dollars.
SeaLegs would work, but obviously rob performance.

I would never get a pontoon or tritoon without sea legs, that is by far the best option and in my opinion worth loosing about 3-4 mph and worth the money. They cost as much as a lift but they are so nice to have. 2 log are about $5,500 and 3 log are about $8,000. They hold their value also when selling in our area at least. Once you have them you will not regret it. Especially if your lake has a restaurant or if you like to go to friends cabins, drive up to dock and lift the pontoon out of the water.

Asking for a friend.
Obviously, some docks are less boat friendly than others.
Having the ability to maintain non-contact with docks is more important to him than the dollars.
SeaLegs would work, but obviously rob performance.
Ok Just Curious

I would never get a pontoon or tritoon without sea legs, that is by far the best option and in my opinion worth loosing about 3-4 mph and worth the money. They cost as much as a lift but they are so nice to have. 2 log are about $5,500 and 3 log are about $8,000. They hold their value also when selling in our area at least. Once you have them you will not regret it. Especially if your lake has a restaurant or if you like to go to friends cabins, drive up to dock and lift the pontoon out of the water.
Wow didn't realize they were $8000 for a tritoon!

Wow didn't realize they were $8000 for a tritoon!

Oh yes, Sea Legs are pricey on a tritoon. Paid $8k in 2019 for our Sea Legs. Fortunately, at that time we sold our two year old lift and canopy for $8.5k to cover the change. Unfortunately, we had previously bought the two year old lift and canopy new for about $10-10.5k in 2017, so you know...hindsight and all. :eek:

For us though, that is $8k for Sea Legs is well spent! :)

Oh yes, Sea Legs are pricey on a tritoon. Paid $8k in 2019 for our Sea Legs. Fortunately, at that time we sold our two year old lift and canopy for $8.5k to cover the change. Unfortunately, we had previously bought the two year old lift and canopy new for about $10-10.5k in 2017, so you know...hindsight and all. :eek:

For us though, that is $8k for Sea Legs is well spent! :)
Cool that's all that counts. It works for you and your family!

With either the Talon or Power Pole anchors, you can put two on the back like bassboats do instead of one in front that you have to look around while running.

I will at times use the power pole as a placeholder while securing the lines to the dock along with adding any additional fenders.

Back