Tell me what you think

Half mine

Reaction score
2017 sx24 switchback with 32"elliptical and a 200 yamaha. 7 hrs. On motor and had a chance to see where I am speed/rpm wise. Loaded up with 6 adults ( approx.1100 pds. ) full fuel (25 gal.) trimmed out got 39.4 mph and 5600 rpm.   2 adults (400pds) got her up to 44.7 mph at the same 5600. Waiting on a new sds prop and wondering if I should change what I got (14.5x15) ss reliance saltwater series. Couldn't check motor height as had no other driver but think I'm a hole low.    And ...................go

Leave it alone and spend your money on something else.

Kinda what I was thinking but I figured I'd ask as you all are pretty knowledgeable on here and I'm getting the prop replaced anyway. Thanks 

Why are you replacing the prop? Different style props in the same size will give you different results. 

I have the 15 pitch on my Yamaha 200.

I would not change that prop. That is great performance and the same prop I had on my F200.

If you already have it ordered, just throw it on and try it.  Changing props is quick and easy.

Elliptical are usually pretty fast, raising up a hole in theory should give 200rpm which would put you right at 5800, I think you're supposed to be at 6000 which even I wouldn't mess with! ;)   if the prop feels good all around sounds like you nailed it, I'd only mess with it if it stinks in the middle or bottom end as that's where you'll be most of the time. Good luck!

Sorry to dissappear, was on a cruise all week. It is good all around but I do want the sds as it has a decent shudder at low rpm. I was suprized as it will plane at around 3300. Couldn't be happier all around. The sds is on backorder so this is what they put on it in the meantime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to dissappear, was on a cruise all week. It is good all around but I do want the sds as it has a decent shudder at low rpm. I was suprized as it will plane at around 3300. Couldn't be happier all around. The sds is on backorder so this is what they put on it in the meantime.

The F200 comes standard with the sds components. Your dealer must have pulled them off to use a cheaper prop

Where was the cruise and what line?

The F200 comes standard with the sds components. Your dealer must have pulled them off to use a cheaper prop

You are correct. Was told SDS on backorder. Not sure if that's the case but I told them I want it when it comes in.

Royal carribean and stopped at coco kay, Bahamas and key west. Wasn't sure if I'd like it but it was a good time

We've been on 44 cruises with different lines and ships, We have 2 booked for 2018 on Carnival and Celebrity. What ship were you on?

We've been on 44 cruises with different lines and ships, We have 2 booked for 2018 on Carnival and Celebrity. What ship were you on?

We took enchantment of the seas (royal carribean) . Looking at carnival now for the next one. How did you like them???

We've never had a bad cruise. We don't go during the summer, spring break, or holidays. Never when kids are out of school

Last edited by a moderator:
I think your performance sounds fantastic!.  It is hard to imagine you squeezing much more mph out of a 200 hp. on a 24' toon. Time to sit back and enjoy it!

Back