Tellico Lake Early Fall Trip

Smoky Mountain

Reaction score
Finishing up year two of our 2274 GL. A mere 70 hours in two years on the Yamaha 150.

Once we got the initial bugs worked out the Bennington and Yamaha have run trouble free.

Here is a 5 hour round trip from the Yacht Club at Tellico Village, TN, to Chillhowee Dam. About 60 miles round trip south toward the Smokies.

Yesterday dawned beautifully and delivered likely one of the last 80 degree days. Our last trip in 2012 was mid November.

New last year.

One of the few boats we saw. TN game was on.

Fun having a TRI that will turn almost 40. We usually cruise at 3200 RPM.

We're not bluffing.

Nice stress folds.

Fort Loudon recreated. French and Indian War replica.

Last edited by a moderator:

What it will look like soon.

My favorite pic from the same trip last year.

Tellico Lake tooning heaven.

Beautiful!

Very nice !!!

Looks like a great trip. Post some more photos if you can, they look great.

The Smokies and Blue Ridge Mountains should be in their Fall splendor in another month.  It doesn't get any nicer than a beautiful, clear day on a lake in East Tennessee the week that leaves are at their peak.  It's nice having so many maple trees.

That area has a reputation for being one of the premier leave watching places anywhere--worldwide even.

Enjoy your ride.

Looks like a great trip! Beautiful scenery!

We have had so much rain this year it will be interesting to whether it's a boom or bust year.

Nice Pix, love the bluffs

I did google maps to see route but google maps doesn't list river names.  What river were you boating?   

It's the Little Tennessee River. Tellico Lake. Google ft Loudon county park. That should drop you on the map.

Another short trip out this weekend for a couple hours. There was a 9 inch chop from a long fetch on the main channel.This thing sure is a dry ride and it's nice to be able to bow up slightly and let the waves break up under the hull. One of our neighbors new Bennington. 250 HP!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, odd that the old silos (?) still remain .......

The ladder on your neighbors new boat looks crazy! Who starts climbing out of the water from 7' down??

Looked at that ladder when we were shopping it's a five step that folds in half. In the photo it is not folded. Us old folks need that extra step. But we could not get it because it doesn't work on the extended rear platform.

Nice pics.  I have had my jet skis out on Tellico but never the Benny.  We keep our Benny on Centerhill Lake, not too far Tellico.  Scenerey is similar.  Looking forward to our first fall on the lake to see the color changes.

Back