The Coon Toon Project (pic heavy)

Looking good! almost a resto-mod of pontoon boats!

I'm in a good financial spot via the sweat equity on this boat, NADA's suggested list price is $5k over what I have into it.  No plans to sell but the value helps get these little upgrades past my CFO. 

IMG_0351_2_zpsed6f139f.jpg

Really glad I used screws instead of rivets on the wave shield, it made running the transducer cable so much easier.

IMG_0354_zps3efa3721.jpg

Very impressed with the color and resolution of the 551. I'm using a split screen, dv for structure detail and 77kHz for fish arches.

IMG_0398_zps0bc0748e.jpg

Note the arches indicating fish to the left of the bump on the 77kHz screen. They show up on the downview screen but not well enough to take a picture of them.

IMG_0401_zpsa7d89ac6.jpg
Al-be, looking at this pic, now the fishfinder he has placed there makes some sense....he removed the original, and mounted his own, just didnt do a very good job..he backed it with plywood, so it looks like crap. I thought he just cut a hole in the dash and mounted his there. They came that way, hummmm

IMG-2332.jpg

And away she goes. Decided to sell it since I haven't used it much in the last couple of years. I sold it for a few hundred more than I paid for it 11 years ago. Of course, I put some money into it, but I've done much worse on other boats I've owned. I advertised it on Craigslist and received over a dozen replies the first two days. I should have asked for more. People know the Bennington name and I could've sold six more just like it. One guy offered me $500 over my asking price but he wasn't first in line, and I have ethics that I live by. Great crew on this forum and it's been a pleasure being part of it. Take care everyone. MGK.

WOw. I remember this thread all the way back to the day it was posted. Congrats on your sale. You did a superb job on restoring the toon from those masked bandits!!

When is the new pontoon coming :)

Todd

IMG-2332.jpg

And away she goes. Decided to sell it since I haven't used it much in the last couple of years. I sold it for a few hundred more than I paid for it 11 years ago. Of course, I put some money into it, but I've done much worse on other boats I've owned. I advertised it on Craigslist and received over a dozen replies the first two days. I should have asked for more. People know the Bennington name and I could've sold six more just like it. One guy offered me $500 over my asking price but he wasn't first in line, and I have ethics that I live by. Great crew on this forum and it's been a pleasure being part of it. Take care everyone. MGK.
Maynard Krebs thanks for your insight over the years! It's been a pleasure! Don't be a stranger! Take care! Daril

Maynard I always admired the work that you produced. Hopefully you will come back and say hello now and then

Ditto the comments above! Congrats on the sale of the boat, and whatever life brings you next.

Back