THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS

Temp here today is 82*, but it's supposed to be pretty cool this weekend. I believe the high for Saturday is supposed to be 58 - 60*... Brrrrrrr!!!   :D

If The Rez hadn't been 2 feet low, I'd have the boat launched. Lots of the boat ramps are closed. I took the boat out a couple of weeks ago, and dropped the trailer off of the end of the ramp. Had to get my big ole F-250 pulled since the back tires were in the slim just in the water. Just a little scary. I guess I need to start using my Jeep to launch when the water is somewhat low.

That's karma for teasing us "northern" people .....  ;)

Just teasing ..... that had to suck. I have a young customer (short temper) who dropped his trailer off end of ramp last year. Couldn't get it up over, so backed trailer way in, gave her a running start, and pretty much tore the wheels off it and trashed the trailer. Expensive lesson as he had to go to the local marina and buy a new trailer. Your 250 isn't 4WD? 

e6082c46f96a5a4aa74211d6246d2171.jpg

We've been getting significant amounts of rain, so the level has come way up. The level is only around 24" low, so that's becoming very doable. Supposed to be 70* here tomorrow. Now, just waiting for that to happen on a weekend so I can get some water splashed on the toons! 

Edited to correct the level of the water. We still need to feet of additional water to come to the full pool level of 297.50.

Last edited by a moderator:
We got dumped on yesterday. Probably around 10" is my guess. Luckily it is already melting though. Our friends down the street just had their new dock and lift delivered so I know they are ready for spring as well.

Same here, pulled out the 52" snowthrower attachment for my tractor and put it to work!  Lake finally froze this weekend also...  Considering I pulled my boat out Mid November, I was a little bummed I could have rode it out until first week in December :) ... then back in the water in March?

These winters are getting shorter :)

This week the Deep Freeze is In 

Thursdays High 12F

Thursdays Low 2F

Wind Chill Factor -10F

Looking forward to an early summer :)  

We have 4 inches on the ground and 2 more to look forward to tomorrow 

Lake isn't frozen yet but will be soon 

Missing Summer 

131614680.jpg

Took a drive past the lake yesterday. Wasn't pretty. It must be down 12-14 feet. If we don't get some rain, and lots of it, we may not be putting boat in, in the spring. This is the lowest we've seen it in 7 years we've been on the lake. I have a call in to dealer to discuss a "hold" on our order. We will probably still buy this year as price will only go up and either way we'd be paying for one of our boats anyhow. Just need to discuss our options ....  :(

In 2002 the docks never opened, and all ramps closed in July due to drought. It sucks because looking forward to spring boating is what gets us through the winter. Oh well, might have to look at a couple kayaks in spring. Either way we will be on the water!!!!  ;)

Took a drive past the lake yesterday. Wasn't pretty. It must be down 12-14 feet. If we don't get some rain, and lots of it, we may not be putting boat in, in the spring. This is the lowest we've seen it in 7 years we've been on the lake. I have a call in to dealer to discuss a "hold" on our order. We will probably still buy this year as price will only go up and either way we'd be paying for one of our boats anyhow. Just need to discuss our options ....  :(

In 2002 the docks never opened, and all ramps closed in July due to drought. It sucks because looking forward to spring boating is what gets us through the winter. Oh well, might have to look at a couple kayaks in spring. Either way we will be on the water!!!!  ;)

Sorry to hear that, what a kink in the plans that would be  :huh:

We have the Hobie MirageDrive kayaks that you pedal, very flat and stable, lots of storage. Kayak fishing is really growing, so they are quite the rage now. We have several guys here who are out almost every day, complete with depthfinder, livewell, the works, and they catch a lot of fish right up into the brush and shallows. The situation sometimes demands desperate measures  B)

I have a solution to your problem. May I introduce you to......the trailer!!!!!

I have a solution to your problem. May I introduce you to......the trailer!!!!!

They will close the boat ramps. Roughly $2500-3000 for trailer, minimum $30 storage per month (no place to keep it). Boat and trailer would be MAX tow rating for the Jeep.....  If we were really close to lake I'd think about it, but if ramps are closed, minimum 1/2 hour drive to river, would really need a larger motor .... another $3-5K ....... so combined minimum $5-8K ...... that ain't happening.  :blink:

You can always move!!! Hang in there bud! The sky's will open soon and send the water your way. 

I like the moving option better than the trailer!!  ;)

402ea191ae0646c9806608089d7ffe1c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Double digits here we come!

I may just have to take her out tomorrow. What do you think? :D

Weather Forcast.jpg

If it was in the 70's here we'd still be out on the water!

bump

Back