THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS

I feel your pain!  Just paid my slip fee also. Moving the new 23 RCW this year with a 28 foot covered slip with new lift. I am hoping to launch mid to late March.

What's a slip like that run? Ours is in a State Park. No covered type. Large boats 16-1/2' to 24-1/2' is $624/season. 4/1-10/31. 

What's a slip like that run? Ours is in a State Park. No covered type. Large boats 16-1/2' to 24-1/2' is $624/season. 4/1-10/31. 

WOW ! $624 .Thats a deal here .

The one we left on Crooked lake  was $2000 ,a season ice to ice . Now I know why it is named "Crooked " 

Last edited by a moderator:
Our docks are 26' covered with a lift including electric and water.  Security camera's all over and a picnic area with bbq and fire pit as well.  All that for $1800 a year......300 due in the fall which covers winter storage on the lift and the balance due mid feb.  The docks and lifts were brand new in 2012 so they are some of the newest and nicest on our lake.

Our docks River Run Harbor

You are getting a great deal.  This slip cost $2,000. Very nice Marina and the price is competitive with other  Marina's.

After having some issues with our old marina .We found a subdivision that owns their own marina on the Inland Waterway in Indian River Mi . So we purchased a vacant lot in the subdivision and now we have a slip that we own ./monthly_2017_02/large.IMG_0830.jpg.68e77f03fe97911ce93131b0461795f0.jpg/monthly_2017_02/large.IMG_0833.jpg.053a3fd55ae4364dce2f825e31061577.jpg

$2400 plus $1000 for the lift in a 30ft covered slip May 15th through Oct 15th. Looking back I'm glad I did it but holy crap that was expensive! Almost a couple hundered a week...

After having some issues with our old marina .We found a subdivision that owns their own marina on the Inland Waterway in Indian River Mi . So we purchased a vacant lot in the subdivision and now we have a slip that we own .

We found lots in Greenbackville, VA. $1500 for lot, $100/mo HOA. Private marina, but boat must stay at marina. Can be out short term, but can't just "hold" a open dock. I was going to buy a lot so we'd have a place to go, I pretty much had it all worked out ..... then ..... I told Panthergirl .... nixed that plan. She said gotta be further south.  ;)

We found lots in Greenbackville, VA. $1500 for lot, $100/mo HOA. Private marina, but boat must stay at marina. Can be out short term, but can't just "hold" a open dock. I was going to buy a lot so we'd have a place to go, I pretty much had it all worked out ..... then ..... I told Panthergirl .... nixed that plan. She said gotta be further south.  ;)

$1500 for a Lot with a marina ?Was it a lot that you could have built on ?

Agree with Panther Girl.  If going to make the move guarantee yourself the best weather possible

So you're saying there is still a chance they'll move to Iowa?

$1500 for a Lot with a marina ?Was it a lot that you could have built on ?

Yes, minimum 1200 sf. No mobile homes. There's a "buy as is" (not real bad) home, with dock for $125,000 for sale right now.

There's "non buildable" lots for like $500. People buy them for access to the golf course, marina, pools, etc....

Oh, the lot I'm wanting ALREADY HAS the septic test and certificate of placement letter (that's worth $750). 

So you're saying there is still a chance they'll move to Iowa?

LOL!!! I could transfer to probably a dozen jobs in my company right now. Probably make lots more money. But I'm NOT moving to Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, New York, (all colder) or ANYWHERE not close to boating availability. 

LOL!!! I could transfer to probably a dozen jobs in my company right now. Probably make lots more money. But I'm NOT moving to Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, New York, (all colder) or ANYWHERE not close to boating availability. 

I am glad you added the "All Colder " . :D

I am glad you added the "All Colder " . :D

Yeah, I edited that before I posted. I thought some people might take offense that I don't want to live in their state.  :lol:

I went to school in Madison in Jan/Feb last year and hung out with guys from Minnesota. It was funny listening to them about how serious they were about ice fishing. I thought they were nuts. I think it was more like deer (beer) camps around here!  :p

We paid $700 for our uncovered slip last year but the marina has been sold so we'll see what they charge this year. No water, electric or security and just a porta-potty. Obviously, nothing fancy but it fits our needs.

:wub:

4ED61E99-9557-42EA-83E9-1CA6E994A2F6.jpg

We are looking at temps in the 60's and sunny here this weekend......very rare for mid Feb in Ohio.  Should I or shouldn't I take the boat battery to the lake with us this weekend just for a quick trip out and around the lake :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Do it! 

+1 do it!

Back