THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS

Our lake is dam controled and is drawn down 3ft every other winter to allow residents to repairs their sea walls etc. I'm hoping they don't drag their feet this year raising it back up. It is driving me crazy not having a date to shoot for.

15 days to go ..... just sayin ...... ;)

Just waiting on a call that we got a "big boy" dock, or we might be screwed ..... :angry:

After most of the week with approaching Spring-like weather took a turn down when I woke up this morning to a light dusting of snow. With an anticipated high of 36 that's going to make for a cold St Patricks' day parade and pub crawl

Man, that is sickening. We are under a snowfall warning tonight and tomorrow. People are still drilling holes through the ice to make sure there is still water under it, and to help "feed the fish". I'm starting to think my brother has it right with his whole idea of moving to Australia! Although there are spiders there, hmmmm I'm going to have to ponder????? Okay, who here has a nice modest 1500-2000 square foot guest house with dock privileges for my Benny? Anyone?? I promise my dogs NEVER poop or pee inside!! C'mon! Haha

Heck,

I'd be happy to at least get as far as Lake Marion/Lake Moultrie, South Carolina, but my real goal is Key West. :D

It as 79 and sunny Saturday hear. Took a couple hour cruise and really enjoyed it. Doesn't seem like we will have another for two weeks. A few days next week with 49 highs. Steve

Heck,

I'd be happy to at least get as far as Lake Marion/Lake Moultrie, South Carolina, but my real goal is Key West. :D
Mojitos at "Blue Heaven" !!! :p

Ok, I'm about to give up. 2 weeks ago: another storm, another 18". Got up this morning: Winter Storm Warning: up to 15 inches from late tonight into tomorrow. This is NEW ENGLAND not Buffalo!!! :) I lived 47 years in Buffalo and I don't want any more snow. The only thing I want right now is my new Bennie!!!!

Ok, I'm about to give up. 2 weeks ago: another storm, another 18". Got up this morning: Winter Storm Warning: up to 15 inches from late tonight into tomorrow. This is NEW ENGLAND not Buffalo!!! :) I lived 47 years in Buffalo and I don't want any more snow. The only thing I want right now is my new Bennie!!!!
All that snow must have followed you from Buffalo, so I'm sure your new friends and neighbors are thanking you now!

We had an ice storm here today and it just doesn't seem to end this year.

Last Friday the contractor just finished after gutting the new cabin, between getting on my boat and into the new cabin and now snow again CRAP

Hey, the weather nummies got this one right .... one to two overnight ...... whaddya know ??????? :rolleyes:

Of course that's like 30 minutes worth of snow up there in Manitoba....... huh Derrick ...... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we need to restart the countdown... I'm tired of spring. Also, anyone living in Florida that would like to trade lake homes????? Figured I would through that out there.

I'll trade my HOUSE in Pa for a TRAILER in Florida (or Georgia, or South Carolina) :blink:

Oh yeah .... sorry ....forgot ....... 9 days ..... :p

Oh yeah .... sorry ....forgot ....... 9 days ..... :p
How can that be possible?

This was my view this morning. Still way too much ice and only 22 degrees!

Last year it was in the 70's at this time.

I'm a little ahead of you Tom here in MI!
SAM_7531_zpsadce4ccf.jpg

I'd be putting my dock and lifts in!

Back