THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS

No ice, but temps in the 40's.

My end of the lake is all open water now and the lake level has come up about 6 inches as well in one week, still another 2.5 ft to go and I'll be all set!

Not even close. Haha

First 50 degree today in WI. I think I feel Spring Coming!!! If it gets here I will be sure to send it to our friends in the North (Derrick).

Sure sure, I figure you more for the type of guy that will send me a pic out on your boat sticking your tongue out with your thumbs in your ears! (man I wish we had that Emotion character on here, and the one with the two thumbs up)

Woohooo ....got the call, "pick your dock", drove up last night, picked 3 out, will call monday to verify our choice, emailed dealer, told them to "git er done" !!!

Oh yeah ....... 2 days to go !!!!

WOOT !!!!! Got the dock .... now dealer said it might be couple weeks till they dig toon out of storage :(

Oh well ...... looks like it's gonna be chilly for next week or two anyhow .......

BUT WE GOT A DOCK !!!!!!!! :p

Maybe we can just go sit on OUR dock on some lawn chairs ........ :blink:

Time to get your "No Parking" sign ready!! Haha or maybe get one made that has a picture of YOUR boat on it with a "Bennington parking only" sign!

There is still a little bit of ice on our lake, but docks and lifts are starting to go in. Hopefully my dock goes in Saturday, and the new lift Friday the 12th.

I talked to my dealer yesterday and they still have some final rigging and lake testing to do but they should be able to deliver our RCW on the 12th as well. We're really looking forward to finally seeing it!

Time to get your "No Parking" sign ready!! Haha or maybe get one made that has a picture of YOUR boat on it with a "Bennington parking only" sign!
Hmmmmm....... Maybe some underwater mines .......

WOOT !!!!! Got the dock .... now dealer said it might be couple weeks till they dig toon out of storage :(

Oh well ...... looks like it's gonna be chilly for next week or two anyhow .......

BUT WE GOT A DOCK !!!!!!!! :p

Maybe we can just go sit on OUR dock on some lawn chairs ........ :blink:
I would definitely go sit on the dock in lawnchairs. And a cooler!

And bring a radio to play "pontoon" I finished getting my dock in yesterday and the lift is ready to go as well. Now I just need the lake level to keep coming up and I'll be ready to go. I'm hoping the 20th or 27th of this month. I am super excited to get the boat home and enjoy!!

Only problem with cooler is, the State Park says "No Alcohol" ...... then again, not a big deal to me, that's why we like the lake, no drunks in 60mph speed boats like the river had ...... plus I drank enough in my early days ....... :blink:

Drove past docks on Monday, already like 10 toons tied up on docks !!!!

I NEED MINE OUT THERE NOW !!!!!! <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
I've sat in lawnchairs, but never in a cooler. Must have been a hot day. B)

Talked to my dealer today and set up for delivery on the 27th. Hopefully the water level is up by then...

Talked to my dealer today and set up for delivery on the 27th. Hopefully the water level is up by then...
Yeah I was worried as we did not have much snow this year, but plenty of rain, so the lake is up to normal ..... I am jonesing though ........ might have to buy a 2 person inflateable and just float around to get on the water .... :lol:

By the way, how many others will drive 20-30 minutes to the lake just to eat dinner on their boat at the dock, then drive 20-30 minutes home .... 3-4 gallons gas used ......

JUST TO SIT ON THEIR BENNY ????? :wub:

I'm spoiled and have about a 75ft walk out the back door to the dock...You might want to drive the solstice instead of the GTO, Maybe get the fuel consumption down to 2 gallons used!!

Our lake is an hour away, we have a small cabin so we go up and stay there every weekend during the summer but I will say I have been up a few times in the last month to see the camp and I usually do stop in and see my boat in storage as well :unsure:

We have an "ice off" contest at our lake every year and today was just officially declared the day it's finally ALL gone, yeah!

Dock goes in tomorrow. Now who wants to get in the water?

Oh, and it's about 50' for me to get to the dock, another 150' out to get from there to where the Benny will sit on the lift ;-)

Come on now Tom, lets not turn this into who has the longest...dock. Mine is only 50' long :(

Back