THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS

This winter is flying by!

LL, that's easy for you to say! While the docks may open April 1st, for many of us it'll still be almost another two months past that date. Which reminds me, how about posting some winter boating pictures for us?

These aren’t boating photos but they are water related. This was a trip a week ago to DeLand to see the springs. ECA2A9A3-0A54-4289-8BF5-DE3EB0372731.jpeg3541091D-E7E6-419D-A3B2-C64FA3B7F714.jpegA0DCE2F7-921E-4666-B638-18C03A91768F.jpeg

Just changed the oil & filter today. 68 degrees in Houston.
Ready to go...

I was out with a buddy fishing today!D298EE3E-12BA-4B69-A029-D3703F803EA1.jpeg

Just got the call. Docks closed now till April 30th due to virus ... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Was down to 6 days ...

Well, got the dreaded call on Friday. Now pushed off till May 8th at the soonest. The one good thing (?) has been the weather. It has sucked every weekend so we wouldn’t have been out on the boat anyhow. :(

They now allow boating with a motor in Michigan ,but I have no clue when the dealer can open . Either to deliver my 20 or get my 14 out of storage . Since bicycle repair shops can open under the most recent order , I would hope that boat dealers would be able to also .

They now allow boating with a motor in Michigan ,but I have no clue when the dealer can open . Either to deliver my 20 or get my 14 out of storage . Since bicycle repair shops can open under the most recent order , I would hope that boat dealers would be able to also .

Yeah, the ridiculousness of our order. Bike repair ok, bike sales, nope.

Yep, got it wet. Lots of rain recently, and the Rez is mighty muddling, but I couldn’t stand it any longer. Was also very windy but the day was beautiful.

I hope they open for business soon Jack. Got my Bennington there. I have another boat at another place locally, and they are doing business as usual. They just sent message I’ll be ready to go in 2 weeks (I hope my dock is in!).

Washed and waxed the boat this morning then out for an afternoon cruise listening to some classic rock and roll tunes until my wife insisted we switch over to country. Great day on the boat. Now if only the water would warm up. Today it was 66 degrees.

Attachments

• IMG_0957.jpg
    IMG_0957.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0956.jpg
    IMG_0956.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I talked to my dealer yesterday . Their service and prep is reopening next Monday and fully opened on the 15th ( knock on wood ) .
He still has to find out the status of my motor and send it out for painting .It was in transit when this all stated .

I hope they open for business soon Jack. Got my Bennington there. I have another boat at another place locally, and they are doing business as usual. They just sent message I’ll be ready to go in 2 weeks (I hope my dock is in!).
I talked to Ty yesterday .Service will open next Monday the 4th .Do they put your docks in also ?

I talked to Ty yesterday .Service will open next Monday the 4th .Do they put your docks in also ?
No, I got a local (well, more local) guy doing the docks. He dropped the hoists in Monday. so expect the docks sometime next week. So even with all this COVID delay going on we’ll be in earlier than last year when we had all the high water issues (Knock on wood).

This was the first good boating weekend, warm (80 degrees) and no rain, in Tennessee this season. I sat on my deck all morning watching the boats coming and going from the marina. The traffic was constant. Went down to the marina about 2:30 pm and take our boat out. We had trouble finding a place to park! Once out on the water I could not believe how many people were boating. There were more boats on the lake than any holiday weekend I can remember. We went down six different channels/coves before we found a place we could anchor to relax and swim because there were so many boats. And there was no social distancing going on. We saw over a dozen different sets of boats tied up together. I think everyone has had enough of being sheltered in.

64A15092-A059-4797-BFC4-D6AF4E37489C.jpeg153F1B01-799F-4387-A4C7-E713E85E7267.jpeg
The Benny is in the water. It was great day to put the boat in. 86 degrees and calm. Missouri residents were out in droves on the lake. It was like a holiday. Great to see people out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wife and our new shelter dog Mazy snuggling in the rear lounger on a chilly afternoon.Crystal and Mazy lg.jpg

Back