The List

DaveyJ

Reaction score
I sat down and listed out what I’ve done to the boat (2013 2375 GCW, ESP, Sea Legs, F150) since we bought it used 4 years ago....god help me.

I’ve posted separately about a lot of the items on the list over the past few years, just decided to compile it all.

Motor/Steering
  • Bought and experimented with 6 different props in addition to the one that came on the boat
  • Adjusted throttle friction so throttle position is maintained when you let go
  • Installed SS skeg guard
  • Installed hydrofoil
Sea Legs
  • Replaced retention springs (make them come up flat) on Sea Legs
  • Replaced rubber bumpers (where the legs meet the frame) on Sea Legs
Wiring
  • Installed LED driving lights under the deck on first cross member to add light for docking - wired to same switch as docking lights
  • Wired underwater and side skirt lights to unused live well switch
  • Wired cup holder lights to same switch as speaker lights (Mood)
  • Installed NMEA 2000 network in battery compartment to power multifunction gauge - wired to unused switch on helm
  • Replaced standard tach/hour meter with multifunction gauge
  • Replaced battery holders and batteries
  • Installed on-board 2 bank battery charger
Body
  • Replaced 3 step telescoping ladder with 4 step
  • Replaced standard cleats with pull up cleats
  • Mounted door stops for front and rear boarding doors
  • Drilled out table and installed SS cup holders
Stereo
  • Installed new head unit - Sony MEX-M100BT - fabricated speaker harness and wired back to battery switch
  • Installed 10” Rockford Fosgate Subwoofer - wired back to battery switch
Me Spending Money
  • Replaced bimini, bimini cover and mooring cover with new
  • 2 hydraulic repairs on the Sea Legs
I think I’m done unless I get a screaming deal on a F250....

Last edited:
I sat down and listed out what I’ve done to the boat since we bought it 4 years ago....god help me.

Motor/Steering
  • Bought and experimented with 6 different props in addition to the one that came on the boat
  • Installed hydrofoil
Sea Legs
Wiring
  • Installed LED driving lights under the deck on first cross member to add light for docking - wired to same switch as docking lights
  • Installed NMEA 2000 network in battery compartment to power multifunction gauge - wired to unused switch on helm
Body
Stereo
  • Installed new head unit - Sony MEX-M100BT - fabricated speaker harness and wired back to battery switch
Me Spending Money
Wow...big list. Really making it your own. Where is the electrically assisted Seastar hydraulic steering upgrade? Heh, it's only money. It's like adding a big anti-sway bar to your car.

Wow...big list. Really making it your own. Where is the electrically assisted Seastar hydraulic steering upgrade? Heh, it's only money. It's like adding a big anti-sway bar to your car.
Actually the original owner ordered it with power steering ;)

I sat down and listed out what I’ve done to the boat since we bought it 4 years ago....god help me.

Motor/Steering
  • Installed hydrofoil
Sea Legs
Wiring
Body
Stereo
Me Spending Money
Whew! New Bimini and mooring cover after only 4 years? Were they faded/ripped?

Ignore this, meant to reply and can’t figure out how to delete.....:cool:

Last edited:
Whew! New Bimini and mooring cover after only 4 years? Were they faded/ripped?
The boat is a 2013 we bought used in 2016. The mooring cover and bimini both had mildew issues when we bought it. I cleaned them and treated them but the mooring cover was pretty rough. Nursed it along for a couple of years using fabric tape for holes but, by the end of last year, it was ripping every time i put it on and took it off. The bimini and boot I replaced because I decided to change colors from taupe to black to match the new mooring cover. Here’s the thread.

Last edited:
What multifunction gauge did you install?
I did a Lowrance LMF-400. Here’s the thread.

Last edited:
The boat is a 2013 we bought used in 2016. The mooring cover and bimini both had mildew issues when we bought it. I cleaned them and treated them but the mooring cover was pretty rough. Nursed it along for a couple of years using fabric tape for holes but, by the end of last year, it was ripping every time i put it on and took it off. The bimini and boot I replaced because I decided to change colors from taupe to black to match the new mooring cover. Here’s the thread.
I thought it was only 4 yrs. old. Have a good Father's day!

I did a Lowrance LMF-400. Here’s the thread.
Thanks, really appreciate the info!

Granted my boat is only in its second season but this is what I have done to it so far:
  1. Washed it,
  2. Waxed it,
  3. Repeated steps #1 and #2.
:cool:

Hat's off... great list. I am intriguged by Sea-Legs... I think they are pretty cool and would solve a lot of my problems when getting close to a rock shoreline and holding my boat in place (2019 23SXP). I did notice you've had to do a bunch of work on them; which, for their cost is a little concerning. Was that due to a desire to improve, or did they have issues that you had to fix? Thanks DaveyJ.

Also, seeing that our boats are somewhat similar in length and performance package... I also have a question about the Hydrofoil. Does it reduce cavitation at all? ...when I'm towing my kids or in heavier seas, I get a little cavitation. Wondering if that was your motivation for adding and if it made a difference? Thank you-

Hat's off... great list. I am intriguged by Sea-Legs... I think they are pretty cool and would solve a lot of my problems when getting close to a rock shoreline and holding my boat in place (2019 23SXP). I did notice you've had to do a bunch of work on them; which, for their cost is a little concerning. Was that due to a desire to improve, or did they have issues that you had to fix? Thanks DaveyJ.

Also, seeing that our boats are somewhat similar in length and performance package... I also have a question about the Hydrofoil. Does it reduce cavitation at all? ...when I'm towing my kids or in heavier seas, I get a little cavitation. Wondering if that was your motivation for adding and if it made a difference? Thank you-
I had issues with my legs - retaining springs were broken on 3 of 4 legs and the original rubber bumpers were too skinny and cracked and folded over. Also had 2 hydraulic leaks. No issues for the last 2 years.....knock on wood.

Sea Legs have completely redesigned the tritoon legs so my issues likely don’t apply to the new design. The new legs are substantially lighter and have a much cleaner install. Vikingstaff and Renegade34 both have the new design and would be a good resource.

I put the hydrofoil on in order to improve my ability to lift the front of the boat as I tend to have people sitting from me forward due to the rear lounger layout. I had 5 on board with 2 on the tube last week and had zero cavitation in hard cornering. Not sure whether that’s due to the Reliance prop or the hydrofoil or combo of the 2.

Hi Malibu Mike - BTW, great forum name. :cool:

As mentioned by Daveyj, I am on just my second season with our Sea Legs. Mine are the newer and lighter design (2019 legs with install) for a tritoon. Overall, I am really satisfied with them as they eliminated a lot of hassles I was running into due to a shallower lake combined with my former lift and canopy system. I would not go back to not having them at this point. The convenience of them is so worth the cost to me.

If you have ANY questions, I am happy to answer them. If you do a search in the forums from last June, I am pretty sure I did a Sea Legs thread and shared my initial thoughts and pictures/videos. There are also at least 2-4 other Sea Legs threads posts from the past few years.

One year in, I am overall very satisfied, and the Pros for me outweigh the Cons.

Pros: Convenience (docking, no winter storage of lift and canopy, no seasonal install and removal of lift and canopy), can secure boat on Sea-Legs anywhere shore side on the lake (no worries about docks, or mooring off, or anchoring), no concerns with lift bunk height vs. shallow lake that loses 2+’ of depth as the summer drags on each year (forcing me to move the lift to deeper water mid-season), lengthened boating season due to shallow water levels and my dock installation (gained nearly 1.5 months of additional boating opportunities), no concerns getting the boat in and out of lift/canopy in bad weather, newer Sea Legs are lighter and more aquadynmic with their angles and the boat bottom, can be installed to complement and flow with pre-existing under-skinning, and to a lesser degree the novelty/cool factor of having them (other people find them fascinating and cool).

Cons: Costs (not really saving any money vs a good lift/canopy), sometimes they act quirky with responsiveness to the remote or phone app controls, although the newer ones are significantly lighter and blend with boat under-skinning they still add an extra +/- 350 lbs to the boat, redistributes weight which changes boat handling, and overall nearly everyone with them loses lose about 4-7 mph WOT in all applications. We are down about 4-5 mph with our 200 HP Mercury Verado Pro on an SPS 24’ SSBXP.

Great info guys- Thank you very much. I am very intrigued by both the hydrofoil and the sealegs. Will review the earlier posts as well.

Thank you!

Back