The new gas saver to cruise to lake on weekends ......

Renault Alliance ragtop? If so, you're a glutton for punishment!
Well dang Tom, that was too easy!

What do you mean, glutton for punishment :lol:

I cut my teeth as a mechanic working on these, i was the new kid at a dealership when they came out, nobody wanted to touch them, so i got the "honor" of going to classes and working on them!

Well dang Tom, that was too easy!

What do you mean, glutton for punishment :lol:

I cut my teeth as a mechanic working on these, i was the new kid at a dealership when they came out, nobody wanted to touch them, so i got the "honor" of going to classes and working on them!
My neighbor had one. He often had to ride his motorcycle in very cold weather because most of the time the Alliance was forcibly parked, waiting for some part to arrive. Then it was located and installed in some ridiculous spot that only a small and nimble monkey could get to. He had a nickname for this car but I really can't say it here. It eventually rusted in place and I think was parted out and scrapped.

Well, i won't try to defend their reliability, cause i can't! But being that i know way too much about them has brought on this sickness i have for making a couple of "nice" ones.

If they where not convertibles, with the "big" 1.7L 5sp, i probably wouldn't bother with them. My options where to either scrap them or try to do something with them, i didn't have the heart to crush them, but i've never claimed to be the sharpest pencil in the box!

Here's the other one.....
006xmu.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, i won't try to defend their reliability, cause i can't! But being that i know way too much about them has brought on this sickness i have for making a couple of "nice" ones.

If they where not convertibles, with the "big" 1.7L 5sp, i probably wouldn't bother with them. My options where to either scrap them or try to do something with them, i didn't have the heart to crush them, but i've never claimed to be the sharpest pencil in the box!

Here's the other one.....
006xmu.jpg
Well, like anything else, if you have fun with what you're doing, who cares!

Nice, I love the color on that grand am. Lets see some more!
Thanks !! That was a multi year winner at Carlisle GM Nationals, now we've placed 4 or 5 years with the GTO. It gets harder every year as everyone's mods keep changing. This year we will enter the Solstice too and see if we can place with that. I've already started the mods on that. Won't be quite as radical as the Goat though.

Here's another of GA

2109725994_f90a938b70.jpg

Nice! But I want the Pontiac in the background!!! Tempest?
I'll check out my master pic and see if I can blow it up and figure out what it was.

Padre, looks like a 326 Tempest to me but could be a LeMans. Steve
Your good, can't tell which model, but it does have 326 on the fender ......

Heres another of that one

KC8W4740.jpg

And the wife getting her win .....

KC8W4757.jpg

And the pinnacle of wins, The 2008 GM Nationals Peoples Choice Award with the GTO, and she got it in the following issue of Pontiac Enthusiast Magazine !!!!

B63D5506.jpg

And the wifes dream car .... 1000 hp Hennessey twin turbo Cadillac CTS-V

Hennessey-Twin-Turbo-V1000-CTS-V-Coupe.jpg

Hennessey-Twin-Turbo-V1000-CTS-V-Coupe-1.jpg

Thought I'd throw in a pic of her motor she's been working on ..... Have polished valve covers to go on yet.

483839_4307851346822_1187221717_n.jpg

You obviously take your toys very seriously ;)

Does the GTO have an M6 or A4? Mine was an 04 torrid red with the red leather interior and the 6 speed. Here are a couple more of the buggy.
Lovrenich-04_zpsaf159048.jpg
Lovrenich-03_zpse6a8c780.jpg

You obviously take your toys very seriously ;)
Yes we do !!!!! :D

Does the GTO have an M6 or A4? Mine was an 04 torrid red with the red leather interior and the 6 speed. Here are a couple more of the buggy.
Lovrenich-04_zpsaf159048.jpg
Lovrenich-03_zpse6a8c780.jpg
LOVE to have a buggy, yours is sweet ...... But I'll have to settle for my ragtop !!!

GOATs an A4. Has a Professional Products Polished Intake with P/P 90mm(?) throttle body, K&N CAI, JBA Shortie headers, SLP Loudmouth 1 SS exhaust,Holley Polished valve covers coming, 1" rear/1.5" front Pedders Drop, BMR Strut Bar, Ruff Racing Wheels ......

Still have a Predator tune to do ....... :blink:

Thanks Semper! The buggy is fun but you can't beat the feel of a v8. I still remember starting the goat and feeling that rock from side to side... and chirping the tires on dry pavement going into 3rd gear getting on the highway!!!!

Sad day ..... Traded the Hemi Daytona for a Jeep ..... Little better on gas though .... Well a lot better being I have a heavy foot !!! Wife's always wanted a Jeep, and I like em too. Time for mods to begin !!! LOL !!!

Already ordered Cold Air Intake, Mopar Cruise Control kit, tinted window kit for soft top, billet aluminum gas door cover, metal tail light guards .... Man I need to get on the lake, this off time is costing me too much money !!!!! They say boats are expensive ???

d7835c14dc507b72d163b2ce5706ee59.jpg

Back