The things you see ???

I have been to Sandals Negril @ Easter .Hedonism is the next resort over . I have seen it all  :eek:

Yes we did . :D  

Never missed the Easter Parade either .

Last edited by a moderator:
Those kids never gave it a thought about what that idiot was going to look like when he came loose and went through the egg beater at the other end. :(

The "driver" of the boat probably figured he could stop it in time. Ha!

A handful of years ago there was a "guys weekend" where we are at and apparently there was a great flow of beer on the boat. One guy decided to attempt the "titanic" scene. Take a speed boat driven fast by a drunk on a choppy lake....titanic guy bounced out and got a face slice from the boats prop. They luckily sobered up and called 911 who met them at a campgrounds dock. You could see blood on the cement the rest of the summer...They don't drink and boat any more.

A handful of years ago there was a "guys weekend" where we are at and apparently there was a great flow of beer on the boat. One guy decided to attempt the "titanic" scene. Take a speed boat driven fast by a drunk on a choppy lake....titanic guy bounced out and got a face slice from the boats prop. They luckily sobered up and called 911 who met them at a campgrounds dock. You could see blood on the cement the rest of the summer...They don't drink and boat any more.

One lucky dude. Not only did he survive, his nickname is now scarface.

I definitely played with fate when I was young ans stupid, and as I look back, I don't see how I made it past 35 years. I used to be pretty good on a slalom ski, and I'd ski out past the channel markers, cut back across just missing the signs on the markers, sometime having to move my head to the side to allow the sign to miss me. Used to ski up river, going so close the sand bars that there would be no water under the ski (now realizing that if I had fallen.... ouch). We used to go racing down the interstate as young 15 year olds, where one of us would slide over into the driver seat of the old step-side truck, while the current driver would slide out and climb over the step-side bed and into the passenger seat. We'd keep rotating until we got tired of it. Getting off of the back of the truck at stop signs or red lights, hang on to the back of the truck until we couldn't keep up the pace, then try to jump on. Sometime it worked and sometime you'd roll for what seemed like 100 yards. I never was brave enough to tease an outboard motor prop, though. 

Oh I was out boating last year. We were making our way back in just taking our time not in a hurry. All of the sudden I see this boat in the distance and something flying up in the air behind it. As it got closer i realized it was a tube flapping in air behind the boat about 20-30 feet out and up and they were going full speed. I just looked at the wife and said" What an idiot!" and she agreed. So any way we finally make our way down the tributary to the boat ramp. This is when it got really funny. The person who was backing up the trailer had no clue and was all over the ramp and ended up at a 45 degree angle on the ramp. Then instead of trying to straighten it out they try to load the boat which was a V bottom runabout. I mentioned to the wife that these idiots should not even be on the water. They were drunk off there asses and when they put the boat on the trailer is was on it's side. When pulled it up I was surprised it did not fall off the trailer. My wife then got mad at me because i did not offer to help but like I told her they are drunk and I was not willing to take a chance that they would start something with me. They looked like everyone was pissed off already. I did eventually say something but then it seemed the one guy that was not wasted got involved and they got the boat loaded. I think these people were just lucky that no one got killed that day.

I was under idle comming back to our marina. It was pitch black outside. We were winding down from a good eve. We had the music real low and we're just haveing  a conversation with some friends. And I heard what sounded like a Cow mooooo. I quickly turned down the music and asked everyone "Did you hear that" ? Everyone said No. hear what? I thought I must have heard a cow (we have them around the lake). I put the boat back in gear and turn the music back up and right then Moooooo again this time much louder Much closer. This time everyone hears it. I throw the boat in neutral turn off the music and inspect. It's a Dumb A$$ drunk  idiot swimming directly in front of me in the middle of the lake. The moooooing i heard is his was of telling me I'm about to run his a$$ over!!!  I was so relieved I didn't run him over. I say out to him hey are you ok! He yells back F" you. I was laughing. Ok buddy have a nice swim. On my way back to the dock it made me think. If I would have run him over, (totally his fault) and I would have had even 1 oz of booze in my system you know I would have been up a creek. Be safe out their people even when you least expect it a idiot can ruin your life. 

Scary truth!

I was under idle comming back to our marina. It was pitch black outside. We were winding down from a good eve. We had the music real low and we're just haveing  a conversation with some friends. And I heard what sounded like a Cow mooooo. I quickly turned down the music and asked everyone "Did you hear that" ? Everyone said No. hear what? I thought I must have heard a cow (we have them around the lake). I put the boat back in gear and turn the music back up and right then Moooooo again this time much louder Much closer. This time everyone hears it. I throw the boat in neutral turn off the music and inspect. It's a Dumb A$$ drunk  idiot swimming directly in front of me in the middle of the lake. The moooooing i heard is his was of telling me I'm about to run his a$$ over!!!  I was so relieved I didn't run him over. I say out to him hey are you ok! He yells back F" you. I was laughing. Ok buddy have a nice swim. On my way back to the dock it made me think. If I would have run him over, (totally his fault) and I would have had even 1 oz of booze in my system you know I would have been up a creek. Be safe out their people even when you least expect it a idiot can ruin your life. 

I like to think of this as Darwinism. Sadly too many make bad decisions and wipe out others in the process. We had a car full of loosers run a stop sign and crash into another car. 5 people died and the rest are in critical condition. This happened Tuesday and my inlaws passed through this intersection literally minutes before the wreck on their way home from our place.

http://whmi.com/news/article/28418

We've never operated our boat while consuming alcohol. I don't even drink any more. Just not worth getting caught under the influence. 

We were entering the North end of the lake we were on last year and had just passed under a bridge.  Essentially this is a slow speed lane for boats entering and exiting the lake into a waterway that leads to the Erie Canal.  We were behind another pontoon boat when a large boat comes flying down the lane in the opposite direction literally making no attempt to slow down at all.   Both the pontoon ahead of us and ours had to make quick turns into the wake (very deep wake) and the boat ahead of us almost lost a few passengers who fell over drinks and all inside the boat as they had their backs turned and likely never saw it coming.  

The boat that caused the wake never slowed down and it was as if the driver was oblivious to anything else.  

The silver lining to the experience?   On the other side of the bridge sat the Sheriff's department boat patrol.  I looked around and saw about 6 boats full of people cheer as they stopped the boat in question.  I can only hope the stop resulted in a bunch of tickets being written.  

On our lake all bridges are No Wake zones.........

On our lake all bridges are No Wake zones.........

If I remember correctly it was 5mph through this particular area.  My visual speed estimations are little rough these days but I'd put them between 12-15mph in a big deep boat.  

I guess they didn't realize that they are responsible for the damage their wake does. 

Let me just say 

"Don't Play Chicken On Jet Ski's"

"Don't Jump Wakes On Jet Ski's With A Passenger Behind You"

"Don't Think If You Stop Gassing Your Jet Ski It Stops Immediately"

These events by Guests of Owners At Our Lake were devastating with GRAVE RESULTS 

Keep This In Mind as well.....

Any person who renders assistance at the scene of a collision, accident, or other casualty involving a vessel is not liable in a civil action for damages or injury to persons or property resulting from any act or omission in rendering assistance or in providing or arranging salvage, towage, medical treatment, or other assistance, except that the person is liable for willful or wanton misconduct in rendering assistance.

temp_logo.jpg

One of my biggest gripes when it comes to inexperienced boaters is, A SIX MPH OR NO WAKE ZONE MEANS NO WAKE!!!!

You can travel as fast as six mph if you produce no wake,but most boats are not capable of going 6 mph without making a wake.

I really hate it when the idiots go by in the channel behind the house and their wake make the boats at our dock bang against the dock or mooring posts.

Ahhhh, I feel better getting this of my chest!

Back