The wait begins again...

the-little-B

Reaction score
Got an order placed for a new 20SSNPXP and am told late May to early June for delivery. It'll go by fast with all the spring yard work and home projects on the to do list...hopefully!

The build I put together is...
Premium model
25" pontoons
90hp Yamaha(max rating)
Wave sheild
HD rub rail
Ocean Blue
Driftwood interior with carbon accents
Seagrass slate floor
Upgraded recliner
Upgraded fishing seats
Front starboard seat built in cooler
Table upgrade
Ottoman w/cooler
Kmc10
RGB controller
Illuminated speakers
Illuminated Bimini
Toe kick lighting
Docking lights
Curved boarding ladder
Trolling motor 1/2 gate

The one thing I'd like to have added was the illuminated cup holders but was told you only get 3 and it didn't seem worth it. I'll look into adding them later on. Once I get the hummingbird and trolling motor installed and any other added wiring I might do , I'll see about beefing up the wave sheild by adding some strips along the sides to block the tops of the tubes etc.

Im pretty confident I got it set up the way I want! Small things can always be added or tweaked later on too if I decide to add a front table or another fishing seat or whatever. I left out a few things like that on purpose because I didn't think they were really needed or they would just be in the way.

I'm not looking for speed with this but am curious what it will do. Anyone have an input about that? Or anything else for that matter while I still have time to add/subtract from the build?

Sounds nice, have fun when it arrives.

I'm not looking for speed with this but am curious what it will do. Anyone have an input about that?

I'd guess 22-24, depends on your prop choice. You won't be planing, so a lot of your horsepower will be used pushing water out of the way (displacement hull).

Sound like a great boat, I'm sure you will love it!

Welcome to the forum little b! Gonna be a good summer for you. Where do you boat???

Thanks guys! Kahuna , I'm in the north east part of Kansas. Several reservoirs around here and I've ventured down to Grand Lake Ok before. Originally I'm from Wi and have plans of heading back there for some fishing and have thought about northern Mn again too. Been quite a few years since I've gone up north or to Canada fishing so maybe the boundary waters next time since most places I used to go up there aren't exactly pontoons friendly with all the rocks etc.

And I'm actually going on my 2nd Bennington now so maybe this should be in the topic regarding regrets! Haha!

And I'm actually going on my 2nd Bennington now so maybe this should be in the topic regarding regrets! Haha!

That's pretty common here! ;-)

Congrats, I'm sure you'll love it!

Congratulations. With it being your second Bennington, I’m sure you were very dialed into your needs and wants with your order. Sounds nice. I hope you have a great summer ahead when it comes in.

Congratulations! Welcome to the forum. You are going to have a great summer!

Welcome to the forum and post some pictures when she arrives.

Thanks for all the welcomes but I have been a member here since I got my first Bennington last year. Don't take it the wrong way...w do appreciate it!

It's looking like I have made it on the may delivery schedule so it's possible that I will get to enjoy it come memorial day weekend. If not , it'll be June which isnt the end of the world by any means.

Since I'm going from a model with front fishing seats to one with lounger sections in the front...who here has used the front starboard side seat for a trolling motor battery and how is it working out for you?

Thanks guys! Kahuna , I'm in the north east part of Kansas. Several reservoirs around here and I've ventured down to Grand Lake Ok before. Originally I'm from Wi and have plans of heading back there for some fishing and have thought about northern Mn again too. Been quite a few years since I've gone up north or to Canada fishing so maybe the boundary waters next time since most places I used to go up there aren't exactly pontoons friendly with all the rocks etc.

You should come to Lake Tenkiller in Oklahoma!

Always a possibility! What is it...about an hour south from the grand lake area?

Speaking of batteries, you didn't mention dual batts and or distribution panel?

I had a 90hp on a 2075 GLi, as stated 24ish, depending on prop.

I ordered the dual batteries on the build but won't know exactly how they are set up until it arrives. I'm assuming it will just be 2 batteries with a master switch.

I plan on using the front starboard seat for a trolling motor battery but will also have to wait and see of that will work or not when it arrives...

May I ask what day your order went in? Trying to gauge our delivery date for a late February order.

Don't know the exact date but it was a couple weeks back. You have to ask your dealer about the schedules. It doesn't pay to get too excited due to all the variables. I was told I'm on the May delivery but if they are busy with orders in front of me it may take a.week or so longer to get the motor rigged etc. I learned that with my first one.

Truthfully, unless your dealer specifically gives you a date, it doesn’t really matter when the order is placed. We ordered in October with a tentative build date in March. That’s why we ordered in October, so we had a semi-firm lock in date.

Back