Things I would change (formerly Regrets)

I just need to learn how to dock it. Man I did not think it would be that hard and stressful (everyone is a expert when they are watching) 

I know that's right. About the second time I had mine out, we invited my brother to go along. I got ready to trailer it, and when I pulled up close to the ramp, I saw there was another boat parked in the way...owner had gone home. My brother's wife said, "oh, let David pull it in. He's a good captain.".

I told her that since he didn't have any interest in the boat, I'd just be patient and wait for the owner to get back. 

The space to pull in was about a foot narrower than my boat. I would have had a banged up boat.

OK, this topic is starting to drift (joke intended) off course.

From this point on, please make your docking comments in the following thread and leave this one to discuss "things we would change."

Biggest regret, not posting in this forum even just one week sooner!!  I would have been able to upgrade to at least the SPS!

Just picked up my QSB 2575 yesterday.  Chose to go with the Ivory Classic because I know from the last boat, the lighter the color fabric the less hot the seats get, plus easy to keep looking brand new.  However, the Ivory Classic fabric used in (at least) the Q-series is not the soft vinyl, it's the new stuff they are putting in the boat that is not as soft and quite frankly looks cheaper although they say it's an upgrade and better (I guess we'll see if that's the case).  I would have sacrificed the temperature for the soft vinyl interior even if I had to go with a darker color.   Those ordering the Ivory Classic interior as your main color beware!  If anyone else out there has any experience with the new style of fabric please leave some feedback with your experience with the fabric, what you use to clean it with (Bennington says to use just 10% soap and water) interested in your feedback.

We are now 2 months down the road.  Do you still have the same regrets?

I just received my order for the official Bennington Gear t-shirt, jacket, and a key ring.  This is my second order, both took over a full week to receive, more like 10 days, so just a heads up.  Being a Amazon Prime member, I am so use to 2nd day this was painful to wait.

I have to say the shirt and jacket are excellent, very pleased. 

Their floating key ring, not so much.

Floating Key Ring

I used the manufactures key ring with my previous boat, it was top notch quality in fit and finish, it was a neoprene with a sealed squeeze feel to it and a metal ring, perfect.

This Bennington key ring has a neoprene material with silk screened logo; nice, the ring is plastic; I can replace, and the filling material is seriously a 3"x1"x1/4" Styrofoam board, seamed to be cut from something found in shipping box.  I'm good with recycling, but this doesn't fit or feel good at all.  Any suggestions to remedy this?

Bennington Gear

Mine is one of the old school sqeezy ones. I saw something on here a while ago about them getting cheaper with the Styrofoam. I'd part with mine for lets say....$250 :D

Biggest regret: The dealer that I bought my boat from.  Worst mistake of my life.

Not sure if it's me, but did anyone else notice that the Ivory Classic interior is no longer an available option.

No regrets at all with our Bennington or what we ordered on her. My only regret is that we have so many things we enjoy that it's hard sometimes to chose between them. I'd love to spend every good weather day on the river, but also would want to do the same on one of my motorcycles. 

Things could be worse I suppose! :p

I too have that dilemma.  Boat or bike...  My poor Harley has been sitting since I started boating again.  Take a ride or be on the water?  Water always wins for me.   The bike is paid for, makes me smile to look at it, so I'll keep it and just have really low miles.  It is EXTREMELY nice when I do find a time for a ride!

We just got our Benny a few weeks ago and this week I get it back from getting all my audio and lighting toys installed.  The boat will definitely win for quite some time!

We just got our Benny a few weeks ago and this week I get it back from getting all my audio and lighting toys installed.  The boat will definitely win for quite some time!

Pictures and details, please... :)

I too have that dilemma.  Boat or bike...  My poor Harley has been sitting since I started boating again.  Take a ride or be on the water?  Water always wins for me.   The bike is paid for, makes me smile to look at it, so I'll keep it and just have really low miles.  It is EXTREMELY nice when I do find a time for a ride!

Either way you can't lose. I'm forced (yea right, not a lot of arm twisting needed) to enjoy my Indian Chieftain, since we had to leave the Benni down in FL while we spend a couple of months in New England. So... The Indian followed us here. Gee, how did that happen?

So many choices. We are so fortunate.

While still working, I always said that you could Work and Play Golf, or Work and Fish, but not enough time for all three.

Anytime that hobbies are very time consuming this exists.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a new set of clubs two years ago....used them twice in 2014. Now I know why my wife says she sees golf clubs at every garage sale she goes to....

Still find time to golf but it has gone down to playing in my league 1/week which has resulted in my handicap going up but I am beginning to except that

Still find time to golf but it has gone down to playing in my league 1/week which has resulted in my handicap going up but I am beginning to except that

Acceptance of the hdcp going up is important, if you have been playing a long time.  And realizing it is more about the players you play with, than the actual golf.

With my age and health this has been a big thing for me, and golf has become too painful to play.  I spent ten years as a club professional after playing collegiate golf and then approx 30 years in the golf business.

Broke my collarbone on Christmas Day last year. Played my first round of 2016 last Wednesday. It healed pretty quickly but golf wise it just hasn't felt right. I was afraid of taking a divot making contact w/the ground. Still going to take some time getting back to normal.....

Back