Things I would change (formerly Regrets)

We use the "trash can" storage compartment on ours for fender storage so people don't have to stand up as soon as we leave and again when we get back to the dock. I'm glad Bennington did not put a trash can there.
So where do you put your trash, Kay?!?

We just throw it in the lake.

We just throw it in the lake.
Thank you so much for doing you part to soak up the chemical run off! The trash acts as a magnet to collect the chemicals! Great job!!!

I hate where the GPS/Depthfinder is located. It's below the steering on the right. You can't see it!! I don't know why Bennington designed it that way! If I would have known, I would have had it mounted on top of the helm.

I hate where the GPS/Depthfinder is located. It's below the steering on the right. You can't see it!! I don't know why Bennington designed it that way! If I would have known, I would have had it mounted on top of the helm.

Completely agree with this, Terrible location to mount the fish finder.

What year, model, helm, and fish finder do you have that they mount in that location? That does sound bad.

Our 2017 (SSBXP) had ours mounted up top and center between our two more traditional dials.

1416B801-7DE9-40AC-A6E6-7670B98A3658.jpeg

("What year, model, helm, and fish finder do you have that they mount in that location? That does sound bad.")

Viking, Mine is mounted about where your switch panel is on the right of the wheel. Maybe even lower.

2016 2250 GSR. My dealer didn't have one to see and the pictures and
literature don't show it also.
Very disappointed. I'm going to talk to the dealer to see if it can be changed, but I doubt it!!

Last edited:
Seems like there is a couple of other spots that would have been better for visibility. I wonder why they mounted it there In 2016? I hope they can work with you on all of it.

Just spit-balling here since I don’t know your layout. If somewhat similar to my helm, I wonder if the easiest approach would be an aesthetically pleasing cover panel on the left and right of the wheel, within which you just flip around what’s mounted in each spot...?

The helm on my boat was molded for the gps to be mounted where it is! Just poor design!!
I think the only way to fix it would be to mount gps on top of the helm and put some kind of plate over the hole but I think that
would look bad!!

New 22ssbxp coming next week.
Smokey granite with metallic sorel accent
Tuscan dune interior
SPS with Yami 150
Ski tow bar
Dual battery
Adjustable height helm
I regret being to cheap to shell out 3k for the great looking blackout and 1k for in floor storage . Lol. However we're very excited and will be very happy with our new Benny. This forum has been very helpful, however, I didn't see this or even know a build sheet existed until after I ordered the boat.
Waiting for spring in MN .

New 22ssbxp coming next week.
Smokey granite with metallic sorel accent
Tuscan dune interior
SPS with Yami 150
Ski tow bar
Dual battery
Adjustable height helm
I regret being to cheap to shell out 3k for the great looking blackout and 1k for in floor storage . Lol. However we're very excited and will be very happy with our new Benny. This forum has been very helpful, however, I didn't see this or even know a build sheet existed until after I ordered the boat.
Waiting for spring in MN .

My 22ssbxp was just delivered and I’ve been out a couple of times. I have the Yamaha 150hp also and it runs great. I’m surprised how quiet the motor is! We love the swing back seating. I’m the popular family member now, everyone wants to hang out with us!!

Good to hear you like the 150. Another thought is should I have gone with the 200? Too cheap once again. Actually I would have pulled the trigger on the 200 but my wife caught wind of it so I guess how fast does one need to go on a pontoon.

Good to hear you like the 150. Another thought is should I have gone with the 200?

We have a 200 Mercury V-pro on a 24 SSBXP SPS. Love it! Although we like our blackout package and in floor storage, they are both pretty pricey, and only one has any practical use. I wouldn’t sweat it.

A 150 on a 22 SSBXP is going to be great too. You’re going to LOVE it! Besides, you’ll see a little better MPG. It’s too easy to wonder about more horsepower. A 150 on a 22’ SPS S-series will have great performance.

If you're going to get a big motor, get at least a 150. If you have money to burn, go bigger.

If you want to waste as much money as possible, get a 115. I learned that one the hard way.

New Benny owner here. One maiden voyage under my belt. Aside from paying appx $5k more for the Benny than a couple other models I had considered, there have been several things I've regretted initially. I'm sure I'll get over it, but I couldn't justify spending even more to get these things.
1. Highly wish I would have gotten an extended rear deck!!! My thoughts were I have a 17 year old and we only have a few more summers with him to pull on tube therefore we probably wouldn't need the extended rear deck. Wish I had gotten that if for no other reason than space.
2. I wish I had upgraded the stereo to the better Kicker stereo. We got the Kicker KMC2 stereo with Bennington speakers (not sure what kind of speakers those are). The system just doesn't cut the mustard. Also love those upgraded Kicker LED speakers to add some ambient light at night.
3. Wish I had upgraded to the "power assist" SeaStar rather than just the SeaStar Hydraulic Steering.
4. Dual Bimini. Enough said.
Being the week before Memorial Day when I purchased, the dealer didn't have a lot to chose from. I wasn't given an option to order the boat. Been a long time since I purchased one and should have thought to ask that question.

Does anyone know if I wanted to upgrade the stereo or add another Bennington Bimini will the dealer install that and being that it's within a week or so since I picked it up if that would be covered under the 10 year warranty?

Last edited:
Yes, the extended deck is a nice feature but it's not the end of the world if you don't have it. As for the stereo system, I'd go on-line and order some nice upgraded speakers and install them yourself. Much cheaper and a real easy fix. You might also want to consider adding a subwoofer to dress up the sound. Do a search for the recent post on that subject. Finally, your dealer should be able to upgrade your steering but a few on this forum have done it themselves. Welcome and post some pictures of your new Benny!

I used audio shop to upgrade my Kicker Head unit.

Michiman, thanks! I don't know much about the stereo stuff but the speaker change out seems simple enough. Mine are under the seat so that seems pretty easy. I'm hoping that Kicker KMC2 has a way to add a Subwoofer easily. I like plug-n-play. lol I'm going to do the search for Subs as suggested. I'll also inquire with the dealer about the power assisted steering. This forum is going to be very helpful.

Still learning how to do "quotes". lol Try this again.

Back