Things I would change (formerly Regrets)

What head unit did you wind up choosing?

I upgraded to KMC20 because it is SiriusXM compatible and also has an advanced processor. I have a lifetime SiriusXM for the boat which I purchased in 2006 and is trasferable 2 times which i’ve done.

Last edited:
I bought a lifetime Sirius subscription in 04 . I put it on a portable unit that came with a car and home kit . I did buy the boom box separate .Unit works great on the boat too .

Michiman, thanks! I don't know much about the stereo stuff but the speaker change out seems simple enough. Mine are under the seat so that seems pretty easy. I'm hoping that Kicker KMC2 has a way to add a Subwoofer easily. I like plug-n-play. lol I'm going to do the search for Subs as suggested. I'll also inquire with the dealer about the power assisted steering. This forum is going to be very helpful.
Search "installed power sub today". The speakers will be as easy as unhooking the wires behind them and unscrewing/screwing the new ones in there place. Because I have underskinning and my boat is either in rack storage or in the water, I thought it almost impossible to add a sub but Renagade34 posted what appears to be an easy solution (at least for my set up and abilities). Good luck!

Search "installed power sub today". The speakers will be as easy as unhooking the wires behind them and unscrewing/screwing the new ones in there place. Because I have underskinning and my boat is either in rack storage or in the water, I thought it almost impossible to add a sub but Renagade34 posted what appears to be an easy solution (at least for my set up and abilities). Good luck!

I read that thread. Sounds easy, which is my first mistake normally, but after looking at the wiring diagram online for the back of the KMC2 it looks as if I can add the Sub pretty easily. Speakers should be even easier. Thanks.

I read that thread. Sounds easy, which is my first mistake normally, but after looking at the wiring diagram online for the back of the KMC2 it looks as if I can add the Sub pretty easily. Speakers should be even easier. Thanks.
The problem with adding the sub directly to the KMC2 is getting the wires there. If you don't have the underskinning, it's certainly easier. I'm going to mount my powered sub close to the battery under the stern lounger and then splice into the port stern speaker wire to pick up the signal. Thus, I no longer have to run wires (power, ground, etc.) 18 to 20' or more. Make sense?

I was thinking I could put the sub (possibly in an enclosure) in the helm storage. I was hoping there would be power I could access from there and then just plug in one of the Outputs on the back of the KMC2 that show on the diagram. That may be a pipe dream. I will have a buddy look at it with me who does car stereos to see the best fit. Do you think this warrants a second 12v battery and getting a dual Perko battery switch or will the one 12v I have suffice?

My first goal is to replace the stock speakers. That looks easy enough to do myself. Then I'll tackle the Sub.

There are stereo experts on this forum but I'm not one of them. The stock speaker swap should be a no brainer but I do know you will have to run a separate power and ground to the helm if that is where you place your sub/amp. I believe that's where the factory put it but that is a lot easier when you're building it than adding it later. While I had a amp with a single battery on our bowrider and never had a problem, it is always a worry after hours of sitting at the sandbar. Adding a second battery with a perko removes most of that.

Good idea to tackle the low hanging fruit first...

If you can run power and ground wires to the helm, or somewhere else for that matter, then it’s easy. I have the underskinning which makes it a lot more challenging. If you opt for the power sub like I installed (Rockford Fosgate PS300-12) then you don’t actually have to physically connect any wiring to the head unit.

Extended deck was a MUST HAVE for us.
You can probably add a fairly cheap amp, sub and speakers for a heck of a sound system. The KMC2 has the connections for RCA out.
Here’s the diagram.

9C0436A8-9EF2-4585-9E1D-088C38E603B4.png

As for ordering .... it would probably be 8-10weeks till you’d probably see a boat. You’d be into August so you’d be losing 2-1/2 months prime boating.
As for the $5K difference ...... there’s a reason a Cadillac cost more than a Chevy ..... ;)

New 22ssbxp coming next week.
Smokey granite with metallic sorel accent
Tuscan dune interior
SPS with Yami 150
Ski tow bar
Dual battery
Adjustable height helm
I regret being to cheap to shell out 3k for the great looking blackout and 1k for in floor storage . Lol. However we're very excited and will be very happy with our new Benny. This forum has been very helpful, however, I didn't see this or even know a build sheet existed until after I ordered the boat.
Waiting for spring in MN .
I have the blackout and floor storage. You will regret the floor storage more than the blackout. Holds so much stuff I'm not sure what i would do without it.

I have the blackout and floor storage. You will regret the floor storage more than the blackout. Holds so much stuff I'm not sure what i would do without it.

Not to hijack this thread, quick question Spar-Toon: are you a Spartan too, or am I just reading too much into your username? :)

Not to hijack this thread, quick question Spar-Toon: are you a Spartan too, or am I just reading too much into your username? :)

1986 Grad from MSU - Go Green

Not sure I have a regret, but now having this boat I know for sure what my next one will be. I will get a Benny Tritoon with the Windscreen for sure. Some nights get chilly here in Maine and I miss the windscreen of my bowrider on those chilly night rides. Makes a huge difference.
I have a 22SSX w elliptical tubes and lifting strakes powered by a 115 Yamaha Vmax. Love it. Doesn't turn great but I didn't get it for sports. I can hit 39 once in awhile but she will hold 37.

I have a 22SSX w elliptical tubes and lifting strakes powered by a 115 Yamaha Vmax. Love it. Doesn't turn great but I didn't get it for sports. I can hit 39 once in awhile but she will hold 37.
Have you had a chance to try your 22SSX out in fresh water to see what top speed is? I've seen 30 before on my 21SFX with ellipticals, on fresh water. Wondering if it worth my while to install stakes & foils on mine.
Thanks

Have you had a chance to try your 22SSX out in fresh water to see what top speed is? I've seen 30 before on my 21SFX with ellipticals, on fresh water. Wondering if it worth my while to install stakes & foils on mine.
Thanks
Yes, several times. Solid 34 w same conditions; just me, fuel at half tank, no wind. Hitting 35 often but not holding.

Hello All-
We just bought a 23 SCXP with a 200 HP Yamaha motor- I would love to hear thoughts from anyone who has a similar Benny-

Back