Things I would change (formerly Regrets)

I forgot about using it to put on the cover and it also being the men's room much of the time!  BOTH are very true.

The ski tow bar is also a nice enhancement to the men's room.  You can hold onto it, or lean against it so you don't fall off.

Scott... Where in Maine? We are in Saco!

We are up on the chain of lakes North of Millinocket.  We are still lucky and don't get all the Game Warden attention that I hear you guys get down South :)

Scott1,

You are still a southerners. My wife and her family are from Fort Kent, and one brave niece actually moved north from there to Allagash. We had a family camp on Long Lake, on the Van Buren side. That's where I learned to love boats initially back in 1969.

I forgot about using it to put on the cover and it also being the men's room much of the time!  BOTH are very true.

The ski tow bar is also a nice enhancement to the men's room.  You can hold onto it, or lean against it so you don't fall off.

When I held onto the ski pylon I ended up going on the motor so now I don't take a chance, I stand on top of my Yamaha 115 and go off the back

I also regret not going as large as I could on the motor.  I am left with the wonder of how much better the thrill would be with more HP

I regret not having year round boating weather with temps in the mid 70's during the winter and low 80's in the summer 

Would be amazing (lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no regrets on this boat. This is the first boat for us (as a couple), and we don't dive into a new adventure, getting the biggest and the best. We are planning to upgrade in a few years, so that's when we'll move up to the tri, the larger motor and the more glamorous interior. 

Just watch out for that head wind! 

We were very lucky to have had a super dealer who could help us configure our new boat as close to perfect as possible. The only thing I might have added was dual batteries. This hasn't caused a problem because we never sit still long enough to kill our solo battery. We also ordered the bow seat and it is gathering dust on the shelf in the boat hanger. Otherwise we ABSOLUTELY LOVE OUR SCWX.

My wife use's our bow gate seat for an ottoman 

Just picked up my QSB 2575 yesterday.  Chose to go with the Ivory Classic because I know from the last boat, the lighter the color fabric the less hot the seats get, plus easy to keep looking brand new.  However, the Ivory Classic fabric used in (at least) the Q-series is not the soft vinyl, it's the new stuff they are putting in the boat that is not as soft and quite frankly looks cheaper although they say it's an upgrade and better (I guess we'll see if that's the case).  I would have sacrificed the temperature for the soft vinyl interior even if I had to go with a darker color.   Those ordering the Ivory Classic interior as your main color beware!  If anyone else out there has any experience with the new style of fabric please leave some feedback with your experience with the fabric, what you use to clean it with (Bennington says to use just 10% soap and water) interested in your feedback.

Brother, we are with you!  We have reached out to our dealer and to the local Bennington rep with no avail.  We're pretty dissapointed I must say.  To pay that kind of money and not get what you ordered and then asked to settle for what you get is just plain wrong!  We'll probably look to another dealer and manufacturer for our next purchase.  To us, customer service has always been number one!.  What a let down.

I'll be the odd man out.  I regret getting TOO much pontoon.  I got the high performance 24 foot model and insisted on a 250HP engine which for my uses (actual uses, not initially planned for uses) is way overkill.  Most of the time it's just my wife and I and at the peak we had 7 people on the boat (including us)  The only water sports has been a little tubing and that's all. My boat will do 50 but it's not really fun at that speed after all so a different model with a 150 or 200hp would be more than enough for my uses.

Anybody want to buy an R class with a Yamaha 3.3L 250HP?

Which of my boats to you want to trade for? :p

I have a S series with a 200 I'll trade you!

I'll be the odd man out.  I regret getting TOO much pontoon.  I got the high performance 24 foot model and insisted on a 250HP engine which for my uses (actual uses, not initially planned for uses) is way overkill.  Most of the time it's just my wife and I and at the peak we had 7 people on the boat (including us)  The only water sports has been a little tubing and that's all. My boat will do 50 but it's not really fun at that speed after all so a different model with a 150 or 200hp would be more than enough for my uses.

Anybody want to buy an R class with a Yamaha 3.3L 250HP?

I'll give you my F150 and pay shipping both ways!

My regret is not having the factory installed Wet Sounds speaker/sub/amp setup.  I ended up buying the speakers, sub and amp and installing myself.  I know have the kickers sitting on the shelf. It probably would have been cheaper to have it factory installed and then would come with 7 year warranty.

I should have purchased 2 300HP so I could get the joystick option. Then I could really dock this monster easily. :)  

I really love my Q and I would not change it at all. I just purchased the floor model so I did not have much choice on options. I just need to learn how to dock it. Man I did not think it would be that hard and stressful (everyone is a expert when they are watching) My plan is to go out every morning on the weekends and just practice. Before anyone gets up and out on the lake. Then the boat will be ready for the day. 

Kaydano had an awesome suggestion. He went out early in an unihabited part of the lake and used pool noodles to practice on. (I think that was the gist)

I should have purchased 2 300HP so I could get the joystick option. Then I could really dock this monster easily. :)  

I really love my Q and I would not change it at all. I just purchased the floor model so I did not have much choice on options. I just need to learn how to dock it. Man I did not think it would be that hard and stressful (everyone is a expert when they are watching) My plan is to go out every morning on the weekends and just practice. Before anyone gets up and out on the lake. Then the boat will be ready for the day. 

If you have the option to dock on either side of the dock, I find it much easier to use the wind to blow me in while I pull up parallel to the dock, usually results in a soft and stress free landing... nothing harder than docking with a hard wind coming across your side blowing the boat away!

Back