Things you don't expect to see in the Walmart parking lot.......

I know were all in different $$ levels, but that's probably worth more than everything I own.

Do you think whoever bought that read the forum and bought as much horsepower as he could afford.  :D

Do you think whoever bought that read the forum and bought as much horsepower as he could afford.  :D

Lol. That's what they now call a rich mans pontoon.

Stunning!

However, would anyone care to opine as to what makes a Seven Marine engine worth $90K, unless of course, you have more money than you know what to do with? I mean, really...

Stunning!

However, would anyone care to opine as to what makes a Seven Marine engine worth $90K, unless of course, you have more money than you know what to do with? I mean, really...

Marine engines in general are a rip off. You can buy a crate LS3 (430hp) for $6,750 from JEGS. Granted there are some additional pieces needed but still, the cost of marine HP compared to land HP is not equal.

Marine engines in general are a rip off. You can buy a crate LS3 (430hp) for $6,750 from JEGS. Granted there are some additional pieces needed but still, the cost of marine HP compared to land HP is not equal.

That's anything that has "Marine" attached to the description. You can look at plugs and cross reference to a regular one at 1/2 the cost. Fittings, screws, etc..... now I wouldn't go cheapskate on some fitting under the water line ....  :blink:

Yes, and no.

Outboards are  engines PLUS transmission, final drive, electrical system, exhaust & intake systems, weatherproof enclosure all engineered to be as compact and lightweight as possible without sacrificing reliability.

Stunning!

I'm thinking they are pretty unique in the market.  Merc. only has 400hp, that's top dog in our world.  These fellas are in a whole different realm.  There are some YouTube vids on their development, neat stuff.  

I'm thinking they are pretty unique in the market.  Merc. only has 400hp, that's top dog in our world.  These fellas are in a whole different realm.  There are some YouTube vids on their development, neat stuff.  

Guess I need to do some google research. I know they are high-end, but at what cost.

$90K each... ;)  J/K.

I'm just curious how many they need to sell in a year to make a profit. Is it 10, or 1000? And what are there sales volumes in a year?

Guess I need to do some google research. I know they are high-end, but at what cost.

That's anything that has "Marine" attached to the description. You can look at plugs and cross reference to a regular one at 1/2 the cost. Fittings, screws, etc..... now I wouldn't go cheapskate on some fitting under the water line ....  :blink:

That is any specialty sport, hobby, etc. If it involves camping, golfing, fishing, boating. They think that if you can afford a toy, you should have to pay out the rear for everything that goes along with it. 

Those outboard are not meant for the average boats. Like autos,they are the Ferrari's or Lambos of the boating world. And that kind of engineering comes at great cost. Operating and maintaining costs don't matter to the owners. Besides,it's always fun to dream about 727's and 757's hanging on the back of your Benny.

Back