Third tube for 2012 2875?

MikeD777

Reaction score
I am considering purchasing a 2012 2875. It only has two tubes and I really want three. Can I add a third tube to this boat? The current tubes are large ovals.

If you have the elliptical tubes you can not add a 3rd tube.
If you want the boat for watersports, that boat is not the right setup for you.

+1 NOPE.

Not using the boat for water sports, just cruising in Naples Bay/Marco River along with 50-foot sport yachts that like to swamp pontoon boats. The current owners say they feel the elliptical tubes are more stable than a three-tube setup.

+1 on dealing with large boats and wakes (from the other side of the state). I've taken water over the bow and honestly, they are not the best at cutting through wake regardless of how many toons you have. A square front is a square front. Not if we had 5' diameter toons, that would change things.

We have the ellipticals on a 22' boat and it is very stable. It rides high in the front. A 28' boat should be very stable. Hitting the cruiser wake at slow speeds is were the bow gets swamped. The boat has time to nosedive into the trough.

We have the ellipticals on a 22' boat and it is very stable. It rides high in the front. A 28' boat should be very stable. Hitting the cruiser wake at slow speeds is were the bow gets swamped. The boat has time to nosedive into the trough.
Have you seen the wake a 60' viking puts out???? I would never feel comfortable trying to cross that wake at speed. I've always slowed and carefully approached. It's nuts down here.

Have you seen the wake a 60' viking puts out???? I would never feel comfortable trying to cross that wake at speed. I've always slowed and carefully approached. It's nuts down here.

The idea of having to face big wakes worries me. Glad I don’t have to worry about such things. Be safe down there. Yikes.

We had Eliptical and liked the ride. Then went to a two toon. Yuk ! Now we have a Tritoon and love the ride. You might be happy with the Eliptical or price out a newer Tritoon. Keep us posted ! Good Luck !

Take the boat out for a test ride on the Naples Bay/River. If it handles to your satisfaction buy it. If it falls even a little short pass on it or you will have regrets the entire time you own it

Adding 3rd tubes is possible, but very expensive. A local dealer will have to quote you, but for comparison purposes, my dealer quoted me the following to add an express 3rd tube to my 2011 22 foot model:

$2700 tube
$1900 freight
$900 install

$5500 total

Back